Best Food in Nationwide Arena?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Like everyone else, I've grown tired of the Ryan Johansen contract talk. So let's focus on something that IS here: food.

What's the best thing you can eat at Nationwide Arena? What's the best concession stand? Where's the best place to buy beer?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Living on the west coast, I miss the skyline chili cheese fries. More cheese then there are fries!

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Stir fry at the top of the club stairs is surprisingly good and fresh. I had that for the first time Sat. night. I liked the fish tacos last year and portobello mushroom quesadilla. I think the mushroom quesadilla is no longer available. I haven't seen it in the preseason.

For more traditional arena food, I go Philly steak, extra papers, mushrooms, onion.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Stir fry at the top of the club stairs is surprisingly good and fresh. I had that for the first time Sat. night. I liked the fish tacos last year and portobello mushroom quesadilla. I think the mushroom quesadilla is no longer available. I haven't seen it in the preseason.

For more traditional arena food, I go Philly steak, extra papers, mushrooms, onion.

Glad to see that someone has an appreciation (at least on occasion) for real arena food. Who the heck would have ever thought fish tacos and mushroom quesadillas would be served at a hockey game. Or any sporting event for that matter, except maybe a polo match. What's next a sommelier?To really class up the arena I suggest bringing in a small section of the CSO to play something classic for the after goal song. :laugh:

P.S. Extra papers? Last guy who asked for any papers at Pat's (maybe it was Geno's) got knocked out.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
well since they took away my Deep Fried Oreos behind 105....i'll have to get back to you....haven't been upstairs yet to try the new mexican stand...

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I give them credit for shaking things up a bit - I've never been a fan of the stadium food except when I was starving or was in one of corporate boxes (someone else paying for it) but the stand behing 117 is doing chicken and waffles which is pretty good. Now at the same time the service there is slow... maybe it's because it's preseason but I ordered the chix and waffles and the cubano and the chix and waffles came out quickly (and again was tasty) but I watched as the cubano was taken twice off the grill by the other register. Took over 5 minutes to get 2nd part of order.
Just poor operations (I'm in the restaurant business and stuff like that really bothers me) but I guess that is what you get with largely volunteers working booths. At same time it's early in season and some new items.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the GF's cubano was ice cold in the middle on saturday...another person in our group got one later on and it was lukewarm...

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
My mom has always gone for the chicken fingers and crinkle fries. More the fries than the fingers.

Me, I like the non-draft beer booths where I can get better beer or a cider.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I kick it old school with the nachos and cheese and popcorn. Salt + Beer.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I don't think they're new, but I really dig the fair fries. Way better than the ore-ida crinkle cuts, even if not salted. Wish i could get them with chicken tenders.

Looking for an opportunity to try one of the burgers or the mexican stand. The new chip stand is kind of a disappointment - the chips themselves are awesome (you can get them in the little shops too), but I'm not a huge fan of slathering stuff all over my potato chips.

Now that LaRosa's is in town, we gotta start a movement to get that in the arena as the official pizza...

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Do you have to sit at the club level to get that?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I'm stunned that there's no place (to my knowledge) to get chicken wings.

You can get them from the seat menu in the Club lvl, but don't bother. I am a hot wings fanatic, and the wings there are not that good.

Food I like the best is the prime rib sandwich on the Club lvl. Awesome!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Now that LaRosa's is in town, we gotta start a movement to get that in the arena as the official pizza...

I'd much prefer Tommy's, myself, altho admittedly I've never had LaRosa's.

Incidentally, their west Lane Avenue location (the one near North Star, not the one on-campus) recently added a note handwritten on a cardboard platter that reads (going from memory) "To Tommy's - Best Pizza In Town! From Coach Richards and the Blue Jackets".

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Do you have to sit at the club level to get that?

I think it's only served at club level. Not sure. The stir fry is quite fresh, you choose the protein from shrimp, beef, or chicken, then also select what veggies go in. Two types of sauces, Rice, egg roll (lame eggroll )

On another note. I hate that they've replaced the fries in the basket with chips. Seems pretty cheap.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The burgers served in the concourse behind 115 are second to none..... It takes a while but it's worth the wait.... (if they still have that grill there)

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Has anyone tried the bacon on a stick. My dad and I always wonder if that is worth the clogged artery.

Viqsi, Tommy's is the best with Rotolo's a close second!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Has anyone tried the bacon on a stick. My dad and I always wonder if that is worth the clogged artery.

Viqsi, Tommy's is the best with Rotolo's a close second!

had it a few times last year...its ok...for $5 i think i'd rather other things in the arena...but defintely try it yourself...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
had it a few times last year...its ok...for $5 i think i'd rather other things in the arena...but defintely try it yourself...

I may have to, it smells so good going up the west escalator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad