Best Finn (rank these 3) ?

Order?

• Total voters

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
This season Barkov, Rantanen, Aho but in the end of it all I think Aho might surpass Rantanen. Those 2 are very very close, but I see Aho growing potentially still while I believe Rantanen has reached his peak already.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'll add Hintz and Laine in the mixer and look at it in a couple of years. Might well end up Barkov Rantanen Aho but unsure yet.

If Kotkaniemi pans out, Team Finland has four legit centers. I know I'm dissing Granlund. The rest of the youth is still too far away to tell.

What is the OP trying to find out with this poll? There is always a purpose, said Agent Smith.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
I have no idea about the fancy stats and my eye test on both is limited, but my gut feeling says that Aho has a greater impact on the game than Rantanen, even if he doesn't score quite as many points.
Barkov, of course, is on a different level.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Surprising to see that Aho has higher goal production than Rantanen, both single season and career.

Barkov > Aho >= Rantanen

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Barkov is #1 and it's not a debate right now. Others could change the conversation in the future but right now anyone saying otherwise doesn't watch these guys play.

Regarding the other two, yes I'm a Canes fan but being objective I can't really see taking Rantanen over Aho. Rantanen may be slightly better offensively (though that's debatable given the linemates) but total package Aho is just a more impactful overall player. Plays center, great defensively, plays significant PK minutes and scores more goals. Both are great players but prety clearly Aho should be #2 to me. Also a better contract...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad