Best Finn (rank these 3) ?

Order?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Rantanen is the best. Not sure about the other two. Maybe Aho ahead of Barkov?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
1. Barkov

2.-3. Rantanen, Aho

This year, Rantanen over Aho. But they probably will fluctuate during their careers.

Barkov is the clear cut #1 in my books. Best Finnish center of all-time.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Barkov is the best, two-way superstar and franchise center.

Aho vs Rantanen is tricky, center vs winger with better offensive production under more favorable circumstances (Colorado team).
Let's not act like Carolina isn't a good team.

Reactions: Mac Attack

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
Barkov is the easy choice. Then coin flip between other two. And if options weren't limited, I could pick Heiskanen over those two.

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
Let's not act like Carolina isn't a good team.
Hopefully one day we can get Aho out of that talent wasteland that is Carolina.
Don't overreact, playing alongside MacKinnon is quite helpful in generating points and this is what I was referring to.

That doesn't mean Rantanen isn't amazing player, and that definitely doesn't mean Carolina isn't extremely good team, but I don't see a difference in their production as an argument in favor of him in comparison to Aho.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's a tough one. I think what it comes down to is, "how important is the player to his team?" and as such, I'll rank them Barkov, Aho, Rantanen. But, I don't think it's crazy to think that Rantanen is the best of the three, either.

Raian

Apr 19, 2021
Rantanen is the best. Not sure about the other two. Maybe Aho ahead of Barkov?
Rantanen is not better than Aho and Barkov; one is only listed here because he plays with the 2nd best player in the NHL

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Barkov
Rantanen
Aho

pretty easy actually

Agree that Barkov 1st is pretty easily. Disagree on Rantanen over Aho as pretty easily if you mean that also. I am fine if people rank Rantanen over Aho. I won't debate that, just don't think it's "easy".

Aho: career high 82

Goals:
Rantanen: Career high 31G
Aho: Career high 38G (in 68GP)

PPG:
Rantanen: 0.93
Aho: 0.86

GPG:
Rantanen: 0.39
Aho: 0.40

Last 3 season's most common linemates all situations:
Rantanen:
MacKinnon - 2710 min, Landeskog - 2468, Girard - 1205, Makar (815) - clearly Makar wasn't on the team 3 years ago so he spends a lot of time with him.

Aho:
Teravainen-2078, Slavin-1394, Hamilton- 1307, Neiderreiter - 1219

Aho plays C and arguably plays with worse line-mates (although still good linemates). That PPG difference between the two is only 5.9 points across 82 games.

Those two are a toss-up IMO, so I'm fine with however one ranks them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad