Best finland players in the nhl draft 2015

jassev93

Apr 28, 2015
What do you think from these finland ice hockey players are going to be drafted to nhl.
And this is my list.
Mikko rantanen.
Roope hintz.
Juuso ikonen.
Aleksi mustonen.
Sebastian aho.
Veini vehvilÄinen.
Aleksi saarela.
Vili saarijÄrvi.
Julius nÄttinen.
Joni tuulola.
Jonne tammela.
Veeti Vainio.
Markus Nutivaara.
Antti kalapudas.
Sami niku.
Eetu sopanen.
Niko ojamÄki.
Joel kiviranta.
Otto rauhala.
Saku kinnunen.
Hannes bjÖrninen.
Petrus palmu.
Sebastian moberg.
Miikka pitkÄnen.
Manu honkanen.
Miro keskitalo.

maybe joni nikko too because he's a great goalscorer when he's on form.
what do you think about these pelicans players.
ville väinölä,sebastian repo,miska siikonen?

what about henrik haapala?

could they draft atte mäkinen and mika ilvonen too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I really like aleksi sareela. I think he's great. Speedy, good IQ, good shot, playmaking abilities, he's also good defensively. He can play the penalty kill and does so effectively.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
You should take this discussion to this thread.

And you can pretty much forget about any overage player. If those '94 or '95 borns haven't gone on previous two years, they sure as hell won't be going this time around.

Ihmeilja

Nov 4, 2011
What do you think from these finland ice hockey players are going to be drafted to nhl.
And this is my list.

Mikko Rantanen - Most likely future NHL player, but has potential as a NHL top line starplayer that hits PPG phase regularly.

Roope Hintz - Big all around center that skates fast. Has potential to become offensively slightly better than Mikko Koivu, but would be defensively weaker, than Mikko Koivu. Most likely reaches NHL, but has potential to become top six center, that hits 60-70 points regularly.

Juuso Ikonen - Two years ago this guy seemed like a really promising player, but he has not developed as he should have during these last two-three years. It has started to seem like Ikonen is unlikely to become an NHL player.
I am expecting him to make a huge jump in the next season and if that wont happen it will be even more unlikely for him to become an NHL player.
Small player and needs to have something expectional in the skill department to make it in the NHL.

Aleksi Mustonen - Not an NHL material. Mustonens skating is expectional, but there is not really anything else. Is a small centerman and should be a better playmaker and should have better skills to make it in the NHL. Though he has a straightforward style that could work in NA rinks and probably he would be good in the AHL.

Sebastian Aho - Not a sure bet for the NHL, but I would draft him in the fourth round if he would be available at that point. Looks like an all around left winger. Not very physical. Good change to become an NHL thirdliner.

Aleksi Saarela - Superstar at his age group three years ago, but has suffered from various injuries for the last three years.

Jonne Tammela - Really fast, smart and skilled player, but is a longshot for the NHL. Physically really weak and lacks strength. He could be a lateround selection in the draft.

Antti Kalapudas - Lacks speed, strength and high end skill. Could be a lateround pick, but probably wont get drafted at all. His changes at making it in the NHL are at long run.

Niko Ojamäki - Two way forward that has a good future in Liiga and possibly in other European leagues. Not an NHL material, wont get drafted.

Otto Rauhala - Defencive role center, that lacks size. I expect him to become an important player for Tappara in the future. Not an NHL material.

Saku Kinnunen - Has future as a good all around Liiga centerman.

Hannes Björninen - An all around forward with a good frame. Does not look like an NHL material at this point. Has some potential to become a latebloomer, but I cant see him making in the NHL in the next four years. Wont be drafted.

Joni Nikko - Has some NHL potential, but probably wont get drafted. He needs to get more responsibility in his current team and that seems unlikely because of the roster depth.

Henrik Haapala - Skilled winger, that could have a very good career in Liiga. Not an NHL material though. Lacking in size. About same size as Juuso Ikonen, but not as talented.

Atte Mäkinen - Could make it in the NHL at some point. I think he is worth of a pick.

Mika Ilvonen - He has potential to follow Tuukka Mäntyläs footsteps.

No comment on the other names.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad