Best film of the decade: 2010 to 2019

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Is Shutter Island before 2010? Can't believe there's no mentions
In my personal opinion it's a very well done film, but once you've seen the twist...at least in my case the entire structure of the film's narrative is compromised on a rewatch because I know exactly what is going to happen and the entire thing loses its tension and mysterious allure. To rewatch the film is to commit to watching the film misdirect you away from the result you already know for 2 hours. There's just not much enjoyment to get out of that.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
In my personal opinion it's a very well done film, but once you've seen the twist...at least in my case the entire structure of the film's narrative is compromised on a rewatch because I know exactly what is going to happen and the entire thing loses its tension and mysterious allure. To rewatch the film is to commit to watching the film misdirect you away from the result you already know for 2 hours. There's just not much enjoyment to get out of that.
I get that. Personally I never like to re-watch movies anyway.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Didn't get to vote so I thought alternatively I'd rank the poll options for fun and add in some I think the poll ignored

The poll follows a series of yearly polls and only the films who made it through are considered here. No films were really ignored, the people of HF has spoken!

That being said, this ranking doesn't look all that good...

1) Inception
2) Interstellar
2) Blade Runner 2049
3) Mad Max: Fury Road
4) The Social Network
5) The Wolf of Wall Street
5) Her

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The poll follows a series of yearly polls and only the films who made it through are considered here. No films were really ignored, the people of HF has spoken!

That being said, this ranking doesn't look all that good...

1) Inception
2) Interstellar
2) Blade Runner 2049
3) Mad Max: Fury Road
4) The Social Network
5) The Wolf of Wall Street
5) Her
Nolan fans will ALWAYS find a way

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
1. Drive
2. Bridesmaids
3. This is the End
4. Gone Girl
5. John Wick
6. Jack Reacher
7. A Cabin in the Woods
8. Prisoners
9. Sicario
10. A Place Beyond the Pines

Honorable mentions: Joker, Shutter Island, The Visit, The Skin I live in, Ex-Machina, Goodnight Mommy, Devil, That's My Boy, The Other Guys, Get Out, Looper, Mama, It Follows, The Conjuring, Sinister, Annihilation, Insidious, The Green Inferno

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Drive for me...pretty easily too.

Such an amazing movie that nailed every bit. Writing, music, acting, directing nothing was lacking

Bingo, me too. Maybe the greatest movie of all time for me. Crazy how this is somewhat of a polarizing movie. Most people liked it but some people, surprisingly by my estimation, hated it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You make it kind of scary. :)

Interstellar is IMO his best film by some margin, so I'm ok with it being ranked "high". The high-end just seem very similar...
I think it comes to a matter of preference. Personally I loved that Dunkirk was very much "show don't tell" while Interstellar was incredibly tell before show. And just for my money, the cheesy resolution to the narrative kinda cheapens it compared to Interstellar just from the same decade. To me I'd rank the Nolan 2010s films

Inception
Dunkirk
Insterstellar
The Dark Knight Rises

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad