Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Stephen said:
Potvin vs Hextall.

Hextall had the reputation, Potvin was a quiet, unassuming guy. Potvin beats the crap out of Hextall.
If you watch that clip when Hextall goes off the ice he is cut and Tie Domi is chirping at him I would have loved to have heard that conversation.

InjunSteve

CARL WINSLOW!
Jan 2, 2005
Granite City, IL
ytmnd.com
i found the stock vs low fight more entertaining, but thats probably because i was a low fan. stock vs peat will go down as one of the best, if not the best fights of all time.

i would also like to add tony twist vs mike peluso. the fight where twist knocks peluso out.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
injun steve said:
i found the stock vs low fight more entertaining, but thats probably because i was a low fan. stock vs peat will go down as one of the best, if not the best fights of all time.

i would also like to add tony twist vs mike peluso. the fight where twist knocks peluso out.
The best KO I have seen was Kocur over Jim Kyte, Twister did land a bomb on Peluso though. I am also a Reed Low fan and hope he makes it back to the NHL.

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
Best fight ever was a hockey game played in Boston,circa 1970.It was first time seeing the leafs on TV, and they had Jim Dorey,Ellis,Pat Quinn,Jim Harrison,etc, and they went up against the Big Bad Bruins, and it went on all game long.The players were stacked 5 deep in the penalty box, and eventually, the infamous Boston chickens came to litter the ice.That,I learned later, was the cue for McKenzie,Sanderson, and Cashman, to make their way into the hometown crowd and look to improve their fighting skills.Even Bobby Orr was throwing some bombs that day.It was soooooo sweet. :biglaugh:

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
I just wanted to point out that the phrase "toe to toe" has been mentioned 28 times in this thread (not counting that last one) including a whopping eleven times in one post. P.J. Stock and Reed Low be damned, that is an impressive accomplishment.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
the one i liked the best was nick harbrok pgh.[sp] vs al arbor stl. [sp] i don't remember how to spell their names. [i was a kid]...just as they squared off to fight each other a fan through his rain coat over al head...and nick used him as a speed bag......the best was seeing al and the plager bro. jumping up and down on the rain coat cutting it to shreds.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
The Old Master said:
the one i liked the best was nick harbrok pgh.[sp] vs al arbor stl. [sp] i don't remember how to spell their names. [i was a kid]...just as they squared off to fight each other a fan through his rain coat over al head...and nick used him as a speed bag......the best was seeing al and the plager bro. jumping up and down on the rain coat cutting it to shreds.

I remember the Stock/Peat fight. It was amazing.

Also, a couple of Nystrom/Mel Bridgeman in a series. These two seemed to dislike each other.

I would say Gillies/O'Reilly in the 1980 playoffs but Terry took such a onesided beatings that it was not really a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad