Best Feel-Good Moments in NHL History

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
When Jonathan Toews was having the penalty box meltdown of the century in 2013 playoffs against Detroit, and classy leader Brent Seabrook skated over to the bench and told him to put a sock in it. He remained quiet for the rest of the playoffs and they won a cup because of it.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

This is up there. I remember my dad being really excited for this one. It was must watch TV for many households. A good portion of which weren't Leafs or Pens fans.

This for me, all the way. Obviously, as a pens fan, this has to be up there.

I remember getting a little teary eyed before the face off thinking "Christ I can't believe I get to see him play again." Then he got an assist like 20 seconds into the game and I laughed. My dad, who didn't really follow hockey that closely said "didn't he get an assist in his first shift in his first game ever?" I said "No, that's ridiculous..........it was a goal."

Bahaha.

Reactions: Daximus
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
When Mario came back I completely lost my damn mind.

Bittersweet one here, but Crosby handing his 2nd Stanley Cup to Trevor Daley -- whose mother was dying of cancer and was hoping and waiting for him to lift it. She passed away not long after that.

Honestly, any time a team or player lifts the spirits of people who are in need, especially kids that are suffering from serious illnesses like cancer. There's a lot of those and they'll never get old.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Think mine as solely looking on the Canucks perspective would’ve been in April ‘08 against the Flames. We got absolutely demolished, but...

• Trevor Linden’s final game.
• Markus Naslund’s final game.
• Iginla scored his 50th and was given a standing ovation.
• Iginla stays on the ice to shake hands with Trevor after the game and his teammates come back from the room to do the same.
• Iginla cheered again as the 2nd star.
• Linden gets his farewell skate.

Little did we know that would also be Luc Bourdon’s final game as well. Some emotional highs and lows there. Tears of joy and also tears of sadness looking back.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bryan Bickell coming back from being diagnosed with MS last season to play a few games before retiring. His last game was in Philly, and went to a shootout. Peters let (or made) him go first. He absolutely sniped it during his final moments on nhl ice, and got a round of applause from the Flyers fans and fist bumps from the flyers bench.

Came to post this. Glad it was on page 1.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Bryan Bickell coming back from being diagnosed with MS last season to play a few games before retiring. His last game was in Philly, and went to a shootout. Peters let (or made) him go first. He absolutely sniped it during his final moments on nhl ice, and got a round of applause from the Flyers fans and fist bumps from the flyers bench.

It's a shame Bickell doesn't get the NHL pension... need 400 games

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
As much as I loved the Gretzky-led cups. You have to realise how special that one without him was.

No Coffey, No Gretzky. Fuhr was suspended for cocaine use.

We didn't think we had a chance.

Messiers first 'Guaruntee' to knock out the Hawks. Then Ranford putting on an all-time goaltending performance against former Oiler starter Andy Moog in the finals.

That 5th Oiler cup win was incredibly special. It also cemented Messiers legacy out of Gretzky's shadow.

It was when we truly knew how great the dynasty team was. Also sad because we kinda knew with Gretz and Mess they could have won 3-4 more cups.

Epilogue:
Following year an injured Oiler lineup limped into the conference finals. Not hard to imagine, but with 99 we would have beat the north stars. And then we could have witnessed a Gretz/Lemieux final.

Oilers traded Messier, and still made it to the Conference Finals. Easy to imagine a Gretz/Mess lead Oilers team making it there and beating the Hawks for a back to back Gretz/Lemieux showdown.

In 93 Gretz lead kings made it to the finals. Easy to imagine the Dynasty Oilers being able to dispatch Roy's habs.

In 94 a bulk of the 1990 cup winning Oilers roster won another one in Rangers jerseys. Pretty easy to imagine a Gretzky/Messier lead Dynasty Oiler team winning another.

If you include 89, That Oilers dynasty could have won 10 cups.

Last edited:
Reactions: snipes

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I cried like a baby back bitch when Marty scored the quick goal in Game 6 on Mothers Day.

I also knew after that there was just no chance in hell we were losing that series. I'm sure Pens fans felt it as well.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
At the 2:41 mark of that last video you can see how excited Dancing Gabe was when they confirmed that the team was going to be called the Jets.

m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad