Best Feel-Good Moments in NHL History

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
the pens winning game 7 on detroit ice one year after they beat the pens on their ice and hossa ditched them

mario's comeback in late 2000, scoring 4 points

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Of the OP I think top two (Sakic/Bourque and Koivu) were awesome. :thumbu:

John Scott was a bit of a carnival and just because fans voted him in as a joke doesn’t make me feel good. He wasn’t a good player and did some pretty nasty things on the ice.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
the pens winning game 7 on detroit ice one year after they beat the pens on their ice and hossa ditched them

mario's comeback in late 2000, scoring 4 points

I think the first part is only feel good if you're a pens fan

Kind of underrated but I think Niedermayer winning the cup with his brother after beating his brother in 03 is a pretty good story

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
February 7, 2018. It was a cold Winter's night in Manhattan, as Brad Marchand gazed out onto the ice during the pre-game skate, soaking it all in. "I'm back," Marchand smiled to himself. "I'm finally back."

Marchand had been kept on the sidelines for over two weeks due to an incident that occurred vs. the team that hailed from just a stone's throw to the West, the New Jersey Devils. A questionable 5 game suspension had been handed out by the NHL brass, a suspension that was elongated by an entire weekend due to the All Star break (which thankfully Marchand was still able to play in). It was torturous on Marchand to say the least.

Funny enough that the suspension occurred against the Devils, because you better believe that Marchand played like a Devil himself when he got back into the lineup at MSG, although he was still having some trouble finding the scoresheet. It was beginning to look like it would just be a game of solid two-way play for the winger. The Bruins were up 4-1 and Cassidy was threatening to start cutting his minutes down to preserve the win...

And then it happened. I'll never forget the roar from the Rangers faithful when he picked up that apple on the Bruins 5th goal of the night. For just that fleeting moment, I think everyone in the building was a Marchand fan. Big props to the MSG crew for the video tribute as well.

He was back, and this time, he was here to stay.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Your MCM's Deep Thoughts: "Idk if aliens exist or not but what if they already visited us."

My deep thoughts: "John Scott in the all star game is a cringe worthy moment, not a feel good moment."

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
When Deb Placey moved from Long Island to New Jersey in 2010. She gave the 2012 Devils a reason to workout and get better. Can't let Deb see the boys out of shape.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

This is up there. I remember my dad being really excited for this one. It was must watch TV for many households. A good portion of which weren't Leafs or Pens fans.

I was overseas and woke up at 3AM on a monday or tuesday, i don’t recall, to watch the game. Game ended right when i was supposed to wake up to go to school.

Also woke up for the Saku Koivu comeback.

My 2 favorite moments as a hockey fan, of course with the habs winning the cup in 93.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
When the Leafs allowed that guy to have a good game and end their 13 game winning streak after he came back from a cancer battle back in y2k.

Nov 24, 2006

This is up there. I remember my dad being really excited for this one. It was must watch TV for many households. A good portion of which weren't Leafs or Pens fans.

This is amazing.

I wasn't really watching hockey at that time, but I know the story. He was a remarkable player.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Crosby comes back from concussion and lights up the isles

Last edited:

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
When Ziggy Palffy passionately kissed a teammate in the corner after an all important playoff clinching goal was scored. I still get the willys thinking about.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Crosby comes back from confusion and lights up the isles

I think you meant CONCUSSION. And yes, it was a feel good game for concussion enthusiasts everywhere who wanted to observe the effects of an NHLer rushed back into action when he wasn't ready.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Bryan Bickell coming back from being diagnosed with MS last season to play a few games before retiring. His last game was in Philly, and went to a shootout. Peters let (or made) him go first. He absolutely sniped it during his final moments on nhl ice, and got a round of applause from the Flyers fans and fist bumps from the flyers bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad