Best Chance at Solid NHL Career

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Why toffoli? Hes an awesome goal scorer but not a great skater and isnt touted for much else. I thought Luke Adam was known for solid 2 way play and could play 2nd/3rd lines.

Toffoli will benefit playing for a while in the AHL.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The only guy who looked like he might be a legit top-6 player from that list is Adam but he fizzled.
I don't know much about Tvrdon but if you're looking for a guy who could be a big-time player, it's probably him.
I like Frattin but Jordan Caron is better and younger, he'll be in the NHL for a long time.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
The only guy who looked like he might be a legit top-6 player from that list is Adam but he fizzled.
I don't know much about Tvrdon but if you're looking for a guy who could be a big-time player, it's probably him.
I like Frattin but Jordan Caron is better and younger, he'll be in the NHL for a long time.

Thats debatable. I think Frattin has much better skills aswell. Unreal shot, solid playmaking ability, good hands, great skating, and is built like a truck. Pure goal scorer.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I've got something of a man crush on frattin. And as a Habs fan, I really tried hard not to. He may not have the most offensively good career outta the bunch, but he will probably have the most solid career. He's the kind of player I can see making a difference in the Playoffs

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I've got something of a man crush on frattin. And as a Habs fan, I really tried hard not to. He may not have the most offensively good career outta the bunch, but he will probably have the most solid career. He's the kind of player I can see making a difference in the Playoffs

So you think he'll be traded? :sarcasm:

Kadri43*

Oct 1, 2010
noneofyourbusiness
Thats debatable. I think Frattin has much better skills aswell. Unreal shot, solid playmaking ability, good hands, great skating, and is built like a truck. Pure goal scorer.

From what I saw of Frattin he did not possess solid playmaking skills. He is all the other things you said but not playmaking.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think Caron will end up being a very very good 3rd line winger, with a potential to be a top six winger (maybe).

Already good/great defensively, just needs to pick up the offense if he ever wants to be in the top six. Worst case I see him becoming a 35-45 point third line winger who kills penalties with the best of them.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
My mind is blown at all the lists without Frattin on. He played in the NHL for the majority of last season except for a stint in the AHL. When he was brought back up near the end of the season he played on the second line with Grabo. Then he was sent down to the AHL so he could play in the playoffs and anyone that watched it knew how dominant he was. He was on a goal per game pace pretty much. He got injured in the last game of the conference finals but if he was healthy, the marlies might have won the Calder cup.

Seriously blows my mind.

And my favourite....

I dont doubt you are right. However fans mostly follow their own prospects. I know you are quit active in all aspects of these boards, however i have hardly seen half of the names on that list play a hockey game... So i obviously wouldnt vote for them. Also with any drafted prospect there will be bias.

Last edited:

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Frattin's Ahl goal totals + projection last season...

36GP 24G

Projection over 76Games

76GP 51G

Thats good... even if its the AHL. Kid can shoot.... Even better 10G in 13 playoff games... I watched mostly all of their playoff run and the majority were snipes, not garbage around the net..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad