Best Chance at Solid NHL Career

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
Which of these prospects have the best chance of achieving a solid career in the NHL:

Zac Dalpe
Luke Adam
Jordan Caron
Andy Miele
Roman Cervenka
Matt Frattin
Marek Tvrdon
Scott Glennie
Tyler Toffoli
Teemu Pulkkinen

Solid NHL career = becoming a top 6 forward or a very good top 9 forward on a great team

Rank them all or just give me your top 3-5 guys - whatever works best for you

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Wow, this is a tough one.

I'd say Tyler Toffoli has the best offensive upside. Dalpe and Adam are in the same sort of category as they need to find a way to rejuvenate their careers.

Tough to select a few from this for me.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Wow, this is a tough one.

I'd say Tyler Toffoli has the best offensive upside. Dalpe and Adam are in the same sort of category as they need to find a way to rejuvenate their careers.

Tough to select a few from this for me.

From what I've seen from Adam, he can be a good asset in the top 6. I know a lot of Sabre fans are down on him for the absolute ****show he pulled last year after lighting it up with Vanek and Pommer, but the kid has talent for sure. He definitely needs to prove he can stick it though.

As for the best NHL career? I really like Frattin, I think he has enough offensive potential to make it as a top 6 2 way forward kind of guy. Just don't mess with Foligno. :naughty:

A lot of the other guys have higher ceilings, but I like what I've seen from Frattin so far, and he's a pretty safe bet to stick to the NHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
As for the best NHL career? I really like Frattin, I think he has enough offensive potential to make it as a top 6 2 way forward kind of guy. Just don't mess with Foligno. :naughty:

A lot of the other guys have higher ceilings, but I like what I've seen from Frattin so far, and he's a pretty safe bet to stick to the NHL.

I was thinking the same thing.

He was pretty impressive in the series vs. the Barons in the play-offs last year.

Aug 6, 2012
I don't know about most of these prospects other than Pulkkinen and Tvrdon.

Pulkkinen is a boom-or-bust type player. He's got a great shot ("Holy Slapper"), good vision and playmaking ability, and he's OK defensively. The problem with Pulkkinen is he's a below-average skater and tends to be inconsistent. I could see him being a goal-scoring top 6 forward, but he could easily turn out to be a bust.

Tvrdon looks like he has a chance to be a solid NHLer. He's already got great size (6'2, 210) and was the ROY in the WHL. He plays a power forward style game which translates well into the pro level, but only time will tell if he ever makes it there.

bardown23

Live for hockey
Aug 10, 2012
If caron can prove he can be a good power forward like at the end of last year he could be a valuable asset to the bruins top 9 for awhile.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
As a long time 67s fan, I really don't think Toffoli belongs at the top of this list.

While a great goalscorer, his speed, backchecking, defensive game, and overall effort are not NHL calibre at the moment. I wish him all the best in the future and hope he will succeed, rather than be the next 67s victim to score lots in junior but not in the show (see Corey Locke, Matt Foy).

PierreMcGuire*

Cervenka. He's going to get an awesome opportunity with the Flames. If he succeeds this season he should have a very solid career, but if he fails, it could spell the end. However I feel like he will succeed with Calgary this year and in the future.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Cervenka. He's going to get an awesome opportunity with the Flames. If he succeeds this season he should have a very solid career, but if he fails, it could spell the end. However I feel like he will succeed with Calgary this year and in the future.

Yeah Cervenka doesn't really fit with this list, different situation and all. He will have a good opportunity with the Flames though so hopefully he makes the most of it.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Frattin and Adam. Both will have solid NHL careers. Adam is more of a lock than Frattin, but Frattin will at the very least be a scoring 3rd liner IMO.

ean

Nov 27, 2007
Why toffoli? Hes an awesome goal scorer but not a great skater and isnt touted for much else. I thought Luke Adam was known for solid 2 way play and could play 2nd/3rd lines.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
My mind is blown at all the lists without Frattin on. He played in the NHL for the majority of last season except for a stint in the AHL. When he was brought back up near the end of the season he played on the second line with Grabo. Then he was sent down to the AHL so he could play in the playoffs and anyone that watched it knew how dominant he was. He was on a goal per game pace pretty much. He got injured in the last game of the conference finals but if he was healthy, the marlies might have won the Calder cup.

Seriously blows my mind.

And my favourite....

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Frattin and Adam

I would be plesently suprised if Toffoli became a top 6 foward in the NHL, seems like another one of the guys who can dominate juniors with alot of flaws to their game.

KingJet*

I think Glennie has a Cheechoo like career, he gets traded, and he ends up on a rebuilding team, then plays with a guy who was touted a top prospect, then ends up with like 70 points, 120 points then 90 then 30 cause he wants more money on another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad