Best Bang for your Buck Stick on the Market?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not sure if anyone has played with it or not, but Eagle's Talon 90 is a top of the line stick for only $150. It only weighs 5 grams more than the RS. I've never used an Eagle stick before though, so I can't comment on how it plays. But feeling it in store, damn, that thing feels great.

Then again, my RS feels pretty good too. :P

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Not sure if anyone has played with it or not, but Eagle's Talon 90 is a top of the line stick for only $150. It only weighs 5 grams more than the RS. I've never used an Eagle stick before though, so I can't comment on how it plays. But feeling it in store, damn, that thing feels great.

Then again, my RS feels pretty good too. :P

But is it as well balanced as the RS? Balance is much more important than weight. However, I have not heard good things about Eagle's sticks.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Agreed with a poster a few pages back that the blades on the se16's are weak. I just picked up a Bauer Vapor X4.0 for $60 and it feels amazing.

Pedagogue

May 31, 2009
No one does that, kid.

The One95s are tank. Most Sportcheks are clean out, though you should ask an associate to check the computer for you.

Yeah the One95's at Sport Check / Hockey Experts was a great deal. I don't think you can find that in the G.T.A though.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Agreed, when I see guys buying a pro stock stick I laugh. Those sticks are way too stiff for the average beer leaguer!

Mmmm, there are plenty of prostocks in the 85-100 range which should be fine for your average grown adult depending on some variables.

But get back on topic please, don't turn this thread into another stick flex discussion.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I have to comment on my intermediate Easton ST (09 model for 70$).

I've had it for 3 months now and it's taken a beating in spring league and s&p like I've never put a stick through before. The "shox technology" does create a slight rubbery vibration I had to get used to, but the stick overall has the same performance as my last elite grip. The most important factor going forward for me is durability, and this stick seems indestructible.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I have to comment on my intermediate Easton ST (09 model for 70$).

I've had it for 3 months now and it's taken a beating in spring league and s&p like I've never put a stick through before. The "shox technology" does create a slight rubbery vibration I had to get used to, but the stick overall has the same performance as my last elite grip. The most important factor going forward for me is durability, and this stick seems indestructible.

I have a back up 65 flex ST 09 model. Used it in games, use it in stick times and I give it everything when I take snapshots and slappers. It's holding up just fine.

johnny1976

Dec 5, 2010
For those of you that are saying the AI5 I have a question for you. How are the blades holding up on your stick? I remember Reebok sticks have a problem with the blades chipping pretty easy, even if you taped over them.

Grave77digger

Feb 27, 2004
profiles.sports.yahoo.com
For those of you that are saying the AI5 I have a question for you. How are the blades holding up on your stick? I remember Reebok sticks have a problem with the blades chipping pretty easy, even if you taped over them.

My AI5 blade has held up well. Even playing around in the drive way passing on asphalt. Blade has not split or chipped as far as I can tell. That being said I switched back to Warrior shaft + Harrow blade combo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad