Best Bang for your Buck Stick on the Market?

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
IMO Sherwood's Nexon line offers the best bang for your buck... for 100 bucks you can grab a Nexon 8 and it responds far better than a One60 or an AI5 imo.

What are your favourite sticks that don't break the bank?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
IMO, the best bang for your buck at absolutely any pricepoint is the $100 mark. Technology has improved enough that many of the top-end features are featured at this pricepoint.

Sticks like the 6K and X:40 really stand out for me, as well as the Ai 5, U+ 10, 65S and SE6.

As a top-end stick though, Sherwood and TPS can't be beat!

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
65S and the AI5 are both very nice as well. Not a fan of any TPS sticks though... always a better option at any price point imo

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
I just bought two X:20's and I'll be testing them out for the first time tonight. Kind of wish I had bought the X:40's instead though.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Bought an X:50 on sale (77 flex, P91A) for $100 at a LHS in Vancouver, and it's my current favourite stick. Considering how pricey hockey gear is in Canada, $100 for a good stick like an X:50 is a very good deal.

vapor11

Aug 15, 2011
I just bought two X:20's and I'll be testing them out for the first time tonight. Kind of wish I had bought the X:40's instead though.

I have a x:20 and 2 x:40's..the x40's have intelli-sense technology and "aero foam II" blade construction but I would say they perform pretty similar..both great sticks.. love the feel and shaft dimensions for my smaller hands...love my vapors.. won't use anything else

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I have an older vapor as my backup but I really don't like it at all. Had a one20 for a couple of games and it is probably the heaviest stick I've ever used but I actually liked it

adaptation

Jan 3, 2011
looked around, found a octogun50 ccm tavares at 120$, which is a fairly good deal considering its a top of the line stick, but i still find it a bit expensive. So far x40s have been by far the most impressive unless you are into huge blueline slappers.

kenmei

Aug 8, 2010
San Jose, CA
x:50's could be had for around/just above $100...if you look hard enough

best bang for the buck stick out there imo (i have 2 of them)

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
My local Sport-Chek had a sale on last years sticks and I bought my son a senior Bauer one95 for $100 and he loves it.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
65S and the AI5 are both very nice as well. Not a fan of any TPS sticks though... always a better option at any price point imo

Probably my 2 favourites. I own an Ai5 as a backup stick and i love it.

Sherwood t90 is also very excellent for the price.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
I think if those companies like miken, or tron hockey truely produce a product that is as consistant, light, durable as the big boys... they'd easily be the best bang for the buck

the T90 can be had for $79 @ costco under its SMU, as that is the same stick, and is not the T70 or T80 that people had thought

otherwise, best stick value is probably @ the $89-$120 range when you look at 1-2 season old top end sticks...
can't go wrong with Synergy's: ST, SE16 or old SE, Bauer's One95 is still a HELL of an awesome stick
S17s etc...
I saw old RM19's going for $50 at sportcheck and those are very light and decent stick, but they don't have the same feel as the synergy or One95 when it comes down to tactitle feel

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Warrior Mac daddy and the reebok " 0 " stick are my two favorites I've ever owned, both ran around 160+ though, Mac Daddy is my favorite, warrior in general makes the best sticks ATM imo

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Synergy ST's went down to 109 - I love these sticks. Good pop, and they just last forever. Very light, good balance and a neutral shape that should fit everyone.

I find the AK shaft to be pretty similar to the ST's.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
Warrior Mac daddy and the reebok " 0 " stick are my two favorites I've ever owned, both ran around 160+ though, Mac Daddy is my favorite, warrior in general makes the best sticks ATM imo

I don't own a bauer, however I think they now lead with the most innovative products and to me have the best feel of any sticks I've tried and this is most promonant in the APX...

I thought the X60 was a fantastic stick and felt that it was leaps and bounds above the Synergy and Dolomoite products... and though I'd rate it pretty close with the Stealth S19, beyond those lock kick point sticks... the amplfiied intillisence mid-kick is amazing. If you know how a loaded stick feels like, you can notice the difference to how the stick works for you.

the new APX... is beyond the AI9, Nexon 12 and Widow in technology and feel w/ the TotalOne blade

The totalOne blade I think is the closet composite to wood I've felt. The APX is even lighter than the TotalOne or One95 (which I think was the lightest stick from Bauer) and encorporates all the X60 intellisence multi-kickpoint

that being said, I would kick a widow or a RS out of bed for eating crackers... those are both sweet feeling, sniper sticks

back to best bang for your buck? again I go back to a older top end stick, and would suggest a synergy as it "was" the leader for so many years

Last edited:

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
Just switched to a Vapor 7.0 and I'm in love. Not a cheap stick by any means, but a huge improvement over the S19 I was using previously. Absolutely love this stick.

michaelshu

Jan 26, 2012
Hockey Hell
i've been hearing a lot of good things on the SE16 in this forum.. is it a low or mid kick point stick? and are the shaft version tapered or standard?

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
I got two intermediate Eq50s on ebay for $80 which is $40 per stick. They were used in a demo program but it was 95% new when i got them. If you keep an eye on ebay, you'll find great deals once in a while.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I've had every top of the line stick out there. The best one I've ever had is an se16. They are cheap as hell now too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad