Best and Worst Hockey Journalists?

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I just read one of the worst articles I have ever seen from Greg Wyzinski on Yahoo and it made me consider reading different columnists that actually wrote articles that are worth reading. Who do you guys think are the best and worst hockey journalists?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Wyzinski is a hack.

The Hockey Writers are bad.

The Blackhawks fan blogs are all extremely poorly written

The only articles I read online are NHL.com articles.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Eric Duhatschek is my favourite hockey journalist, was with the Globe and Mail for years and is now with The Athletic. Also usually enjoy DownGoesBrown, Chris Johnston, and John Shannon(although he's not the best writer). There's some other good ones, along with a ton of bad ones.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I just read one of the worst articles I have ever seen from Greg Wyzinski on Yahoo and it made me consider reading different columnists that actually wrote articles that are worth reading. Who do you guys think are the best and worst hockey journalists?
Isn't he at ESPN now?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

He is not on Yahoo anymore. Did your read on old article?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
all of SBNation's writers are terrible. Hockey especially.

As for the good, while he might not be that great at trade rumors, Eklund is very good at just about everything else.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Not sure if they’re completely qualified to be here but actually most of everyone from the Buffalo News or WGR. They just like to hear themselves. There’s local unpaid people who write about and discuss hockey at a higher level than any of these cymbal monkeys can.

Also, Larry Brooks is also pretty bad. He’s an ass too. But sometimes he does have good points. Very Rarely.

I really don’t know about best. I feel like we are shovel fed crap from the hockey journalism community too much with the occasional commendable piece.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Jack Todd for worst. He's come out with more than his fair share of stinkers for articles. Steve Simmons, Damien Cox, and Dave Feschuk are also complete garbage.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Worst is either Steve Simmons, the rat-like hack who writes garbage pieces like the Kessel hotdog story for a tabloid paper that some people take as news here. Or Dave Feschuk, the man who called James Reimers mom to get info on a possible concussion he had. Both are utter embarrasments to journalism and have no business being in the field or having press passes.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Jack Todd for worst. He's come out with more than his fair share of stinkers for articles. Steve Simmons, Damien Cox, and Dave Feschuk are also complete garbage.
I almost forgot about creeper cox. That man isn't only dumb enough to block anyone on twitter who disagrees with him, he's also dumb enough to tweet DMs to women he's trying to pick up.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
We dont have any good ones here in Sweden, sadly. One that comes close is Uffe Bodin, but I dont know f hes seen as an "actuall" hockey writer. The sadest part of all this is that people tend to be less and less critical regarding the sources that are available, and just blindly listens to (for example) writers at Aftonbladet (tabloid). The hockey journalists I tend to read or listen to is McKenzie and Filipovic.

Still wonder how Steve Simmons have a job.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
I saw the thread title and came here to say Greg Wyzinski is the worst ever and realized the thread is about Greg Wyzinski :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad