Music: Best Albums of 2021

Mrgnwllm

Apr 11, 2021
I really enjoy the new hovvdy album.

Around Again and True Love are standout songs.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Just finished listening to the new war on drugs album. It’s definitely a war on drugs album . They have really perfected that sound . I’ll need more time with it , but on first listen it’s good, minus the song “wasted” which I wasn’t a fan of.

Still, I don’t think anything will ever hit like Lost in the dream hit.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Rediscovering Taylor Swift’s Red album. So good. Really liked the duet with phoebe bridgers .

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

this really grew on me. Pumped for the album on Friday!

I've tried and I just don't get it. Can you or someone explain to me what you like about them? I'm not trying to be contrarian or ironically cool.

They just sound like generic indie trying to be 80s that you'd hear in CVS or a supermarket. Nothing in their music is explosive or stands out to me. There's no Ryan Martinie from Mudvayne/Travis Barker from Blink 182/Isaac Brock from Modest Mouse where a particular musician has a sound that really elevates the band.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I think I'm done. I don't see anything coming out the next few weeks that interests me, so I guess I'll get an early jump on my albums of the year. Here's how I rank the 18 studio albums I picked up in 2021. Plus for no particular reason a top 12 countdown!

18. Matt Sweeney & Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Superwolves
17. Doc Feldman - A Healthy Dose of Anxiety
16. David Lowery - Leaving Key Member Clause
15. The Brother Brothers - Calla Lily
14. Sturgill Simpson - The Ballad of Dood & Juanita
13. Sturgill Simpson - Cuttin Grass Vol. 2

Reactions: Thucydides

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad