Music: Best Albums of 2019

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
What albums are you looking forward to?
What are you listening to?
Pleasant surprises and disappointments?

and at the end of the year what are your favorite albums of 2019.

Last edited:

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Son Volt - Union 3/29/2019

sv-union600-300x300.jpg

Reactions: Sarge13

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The albums I'm anticipating the most for 2019 are the exact same as they were for 2018 lol. My Bloody Valentine and Freddie Gibbs / Madlib.

I assume the Beatles remixes will continue with Abbey Road. Hopefully they will do Rubber Soul and Revolver while they're at it.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The albums I'm anticipating the most for 2019 are the exact same as they were for 2018 lol. My Bloody Valentine and Freddie Gibbs / Madlib.

I assume the Beatles remixes will continue with Abbey Road. Hopefully they will do Rubber Soul and Revolver while they're at it.
I can't wait for Rubber Soul and Revolver, which are desperately in need of them. I think the original stereo mixes of those are outright bad, personally. I'm almost certain Revolver will skyrocket up my favorite albums if/when they do it.

Abbey Road already sounds pretty pristine, and they had already figured out how to properly do stereo at that point, so I wish they wouldn't prioritize it, even though they probably will.

Reactions: Mikey 48

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Tame Impala should be good. Didn't love their last album as much as others but still thought it was good.

Looking at this thread I didn't know there was going to be a Madlib/Gibbs collaboration so I'm looking forward to that now too.

Also a trio of female pop artists that I'm looking forward to releases from. Grimes' last 2 albums have been very good and the single is good too, definitely among the more interesting and unique pop music out there.

Kim Petras should be dropping a debut album this year, singles have all been good, super catchy.

And then Sky Ferreira probably has a new album. Thought her first one was hit or miss but I liked what she was going for. Interested to see what 5/6 years between albums brings.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Looking forward to this, all these indie rock bands have potential to make an album of the year for me and the singles already sound good on some of them:

The Twilight Sad
Desperate Journalist
Ladytron
White Lies
Blood Red Shoes

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Looking forward to this, all these indie rock bands have potential to make an album of the year for me and the singles already sound good on some of them:

The Twilight Sad
Desperate Journalist
Ladytron
White Lies
Blood Red Shoes
Very UK-centric. I am liking VTR by The Twilight Sad.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Can't wait for Slipknot's new album, that single was total Iowa. I hope they recapture that sound.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Surprised to see Foals with something new this year. Thrilled to see two albums.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Ryan Adams is releasing 3 albums this year as well. First one “Big colors” is due out in April.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Weyes Blood has released a new song - Andromeda. Really really stoked for her album to come out. She’s a good one.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
On top of the above mentioned Tool album that I am hoping for, there are some others I am looking forward too.

Dream Theater - Distance Over Time due Feb 22
Devin Townsend - Empath due March 29

There is also a chance Megadeth and Pearl Jam will have albums out this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->