Music: Best album of 2017

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The new Eisley album looks to be a contender

Defeatist
You are Mine
Louder Than a Lion (feat. Anthony Green)

All super good tracks.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The xx's new album is terrible hot garbage. The only decent song is Brave For You and that's only because it kinda sounds like Beach House.

Last edited:

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
New Spoon album Hot Thougts out on March 17th. Title track was released today and after a few listens I really like it so far.

I thought the new xx was decent. I like that they tried something a bit different and more upbeat and I think it's better than Coexist so far. I'm really looking forward to a new solo record from Jamie though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
New year, new music! What's everyone looking forward to this year?

We should get new Vampire Week-end , Arcade Fire, War On Drugs, Sufjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, Haim, the National, Fleet Foxes, st. Vincent, Phoenix, the xx, chromatics, Taylor Swift, etc.

Lots to look forward to. Probably most looking forward to a new War on Drugs album. They signed to Atlantic after the success of Lost in the Dream.

Cheers!

Hey stingo,

Anywhere I can read up on that? I'm a pretty big Vampire Weekend fan, but they lost one of their guitarists and primary producer in Rostam Batmanglij when he left...so I'm wondering how they'll sound on this new album.

Oh, and for any fans of The Killers, it looks very likely they'll have their new album out, probably in the Summer time.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I'm looking backward in 2017. Expecting the first new LP from Jesus Jones in 16 years in late spring and Depeche Mode I believe is also shooting to release a new album this year.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Hey stingo,

Anywhere I can read up on that? I'm a pretty big Vampire Weekend fan, but they lost one of their guitarists and primary producer in Rostam Batmanglij when he left...so I'm wondering how they'll sound on this new album.

Oh, and for any fans of The Killers, it looks very likely they'll have their new album out, probably in the Summer time.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.pas...album-will-be-on-a-new-lab.html?client=safari

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...e-weekend-lp-rostam-batmanglijs-exit-20160126

Couple articles. I read something on Pitchfork not too long ago, too, but can't find the article.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Expecting good things from the new John Mayer album, Jamiroquai in this era of pop music fits like a glove, Electronic duo Oliver will release one of the most awaited albums in electronic music, Goldfrapp and Royksopp with new records...

2017 is looking exciting.

void

Jan 5, 2006
New Gorillaz track:

I like it. Really can't wait for their new album.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I really loved the last Father John Misty album, so I was excited to hear his new album will be out this upcoming March.

Hear the first single, Pure Comedy, here:

Habsfan22100

Jul 14, 2009
Man, that new Father John Misty track is fantastic. One of the best songwriters out there right now, IMO. Can't wait for the new album.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad