Music: Best album of 2017

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
New year, new music! What's everyone looking forward to this year?

We should get new Vampire Week-end , Arcade Fire, War On Drugs, Sufjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, Haim, the National, Fleet Foxes, st. Vincent, Phoenix, the xx, chromatics, Taylor Swift, etc.

Lots to look forward to. Probably most looking forward to a new War on Drugs album. They signed to Atlantic after the success of Lost in the Dream.

Cheers!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New year, new music! What's everyone looking forward to this year?

We should get new Vampire Week-end , Arcade Fire, War On Drugs, Sufjan Stevens, Grizzly Bear, Haim, the National, Fleet Foxes, st. Vincent, Phoenix, the xx, chromatics, Taylor Swift, etc.

Lots to look forward to. Probably most looking forward to a new War on Drugs album. They signed to Atlantic after the success of Lost in the Dream.

Cheers!

This will be like the 3rd year in a row we're due for new Chromatics. But the just the first 2 months of the year will outpace most of 2016, of which I've only not posted my list yet because I haven't been motivated to finish it since I don't have enough good things to say.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
This will be like the 3rd year in a row we're due for new Chromatics. But the just the first 2 months of the year will outpace most of 2016, of which I've only not posted my list yet because I haven't been motivated to finish it since I don't have enough good things to say.

I found 2016 to be a lacking year for music , too, personally. No albums really wowed me , but there was a few I enjoyed. I'm hoping for big things in 2017.

You should still post your list though. :)

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Pain of Salvation - liked most of their recent stuff so really interested to see which direction they go with the new album. Should be somewhere early in the year.

Mord'A'Stigmata, Plaga - never enough Polish black metal, right? Plaga has been quiet on social media for more than a year but I'm not losing hope. I can't lose hope.

Persefone - last album sucked but Core and Shin-Ken were ridiculously good so I'll give them a chance.

Dying Fetus, Toxic Holocaust - just some stuff that never disappoints

But I'll mostly let myself be surprised, as always.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Arcade Fire
Brand New
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
Sufjan Stevens
At the Drive-In
Lupe Fiasco
Gorillaz
The xx
Antemasque
Denzel Curry
Joey Badass

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Should be a great year after the abomination that was last year

sabbatino

Jun 29, 2014
Vilnius
Just some bands that are going to release something this year: Overkill, Kreator, Deep Purple, Toxic Holocaust, Negative Self, Orchid, Ostrogoth (at least that's what they said in 2016), Rude, Nocturnal Graves, Gruesome. Of course this list will grow during the year, but that's what I found out so far.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just some bands that are going to release something this year: Overkill, Kreator, Deep Purple, Toxic Holocaust, Negative Self, Orchid, Ostrogoth (at least that's what they said in 2016), Rude, Nocturnal Graves, Gruesome. Of course this list will grow during the year, but that's what I found out so far.

Can't wait! :handclap:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
New Japandroids.

I liked the first single but most of my buddies didn't.
I don't like the second song they dropped though.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I See You is incredible but that's to be expected. Lips is the best song of the year so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad