Best Action Scene In A Movie

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Definitely the last 9 or 10 minutes of Last of the Mohicans culminating in this:

The mix of action, acting, and soundtrack just blow me away every time. Man, Michael Mann used to make some incredible looking movies.

This is a good answer that I wish I thought of.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
A lot of my favourites have been mentioned already; the heist scene in Heat, the docking scene in Interstellar, bank robbery in The Dark Knight, rescuing Morpheus in The Maxtrix, ending of The Last of the Mohicans, etc.

My favourite is the cemetery scene from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, and it's just a character running around a cemetery. Honorable mention to the standoff right after this scene and the bridge battle earlier.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
There were a few mentions of the car chase in Bullit, but I find the one in The French Connection even more nerve wracking.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Bourne Identity had some good action sequences in it that were swift and brutal. They kind of set the stage for Daniel Craig's Bond.

But within the film series, I'd have to say I liked his car chase in the Mini which was sublime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desdichado93

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My favourite car chase scene is from Ronin, which is a pretty good movie as well.

Reactions: kook10

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Having just re watched Infinity War a few times...I am really starting to really appreciate the Wakanda battle. I think so much is happening in that movie it takes away from it...but the sheer scale of the sequence is insane.

Outside of superhero movies...I am not sure if this counts but the T-Rex breaking out of his pen scene in Jurassic Park is such a well shot and iconic scene for me.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
The car chase scene in Death Proof - Kirk Russell chasing the 3 girls with Zoe Bell on the hood of the car - has to rank as one of the best action scenes in recent memory.

A great recent fight scene would be Charlize Theron's battle in the stairwell with a thug in Atomic Blonde. It appears to be one continuous single camera shot for several minutes with Theron doing all the actual fighting without the aid of a stunt double.

Reactions: SniperHF

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Another old school Steve McQueen chase is in The Hunter. It culminates in this.

But really starts in the projects of Chicago, onto the L train, through downtown, and then the Marina Towers and Chicago River but I can't find the clip of the whole thing.

Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the motorcycle chase in The Great Escape.

My Best-Carey

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
The Bourne Identity had some good action sequences in it that were swift and brutal. They kind of set the stage for Daniel Craig's Bond.

But within the film series, I'd have to say I liked his car chase in the Mini was sublime.

the OG Bourne trilogy really was a great action series. The intrigue was always suspenseful, every character nailed their role, Bourne kicked a lot of ass in a lot of really intense ways, hell even the romance seemed genuine, and you really felt you were there, ten feet away from when it was all happening. I liked the third one the most but I thought each one was just about as well-done. This scene is probably my favorite:

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
also want to give love to the boxing scene in Snatch, which on any given day of the week can be my most favorite movie ever made:

watch

Reactions: TheAngryHank

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The entire hospital scene in Hard Boiled, a made in Hong Kong action flick starring Chow Yun Fat and Tony Leung. If you like shoot-outs and 'gun play' that's where it's at. The beginning at the coffee shop is pretty good, and so is scene in a loading/storing warehouse about 1/3rd of the way through. The entire movie is a great action flick.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I remember being in the cinema during that Batman vs Bane fight and I've never felt anything like that in a superhero film where the punches just felt so real and absolutely brutal.

The opening with the plane hijacking another plane in mid-air was ridiculous too.

I'll say the shootout in Heat though gets some special mention for the way the whole thing is framed and shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad