TV: Best Acted Detective in a Series

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
hqdefault.jpg

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Most of you probably don't know him, but it's Horst Schimanski by Götz George.

I watched Tatort a lot in the 1980s and I also think he's the best.

As for others mentioned, Jeremy Brett was great as well. Dennis Franz was also a favourite of mine, although I mainly watched him on Hill Street Blues.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Dennis Franz as Andy Sipowicz - NYPD Blue

He changed TV cops forever. He wasn't good looking, he was overweight, he was a racist and a bigot but with excellent character development throughout the series his character grew up while we watched.

[/B]

And a recovering alcoholic whom would occasionally fall off the wagon, hard.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Lol yeah I should have mentioned that. His alcoholism was a main story line throughout most of the series.

That stemmed from his tour in the Nam. His drinking also caused a variety of other belligerent issues like his racism and bigotry. Because when he sobered up he really wasn't that bad of a guy.

He really played the role so well. It changed prime time TV. That role works than and now. It was really was fabulous.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
That stemmed from his tour in the Nam. His drinking also caused a variety of other belligerent issues like his racism and bigotry. Because when he sobered up he really wasn't that bad of a guy.

He really played the role so well. It changed prime time TV. That role works than and now. It was really was fabulous.
Couldn't agree more. :nod:

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
David Suchet as Poirot
Tony Shalhoub as Monk
Arthur Bostrom as Crabtree
Mikael Persbrandt as Gunvald Larsson
Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
Vincent D'Onofrio as Robert Goren

Ad

Upcoming events