Best 4th line in the NHL?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Is Cizikas seriously playing on the 4th line for the the Isles?

Paying almost 3.5 million for a 4th liner center is just mad to me

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Habs 4th better be good. It's the only thing Bergevin has been paying attention to for 4yrs

I mean... Byron is 41% CF while Mitchell and Danault are sub 40% at 5 on 5.

If you look at CF% Rel Tm which measure possesion stats compared to teammates on the same team they are also bottom 3 on the team.

Best possesion players on the team are Radulov and Petry which matches with what I've seen from Habs games. Petry and Radu have been monsters are generating and creating plays for Montreal.

No players can sustain playing sub 40% and be effective over a long period of time. Especially when you compare to players on the same team, playing the same system with the same coach.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I mean... Byron is 41% CF while Mitchell and Danault are sub 40% at 5 on 5.

If you look at CF% Rel Tm which measure possesion stats compared to teammates on the same team they are also bottom 3 on the team.

Best possesion players on the team are Radulov and Petry which matches with what I've seen from Habs games. Petry and Radu have been monsters are generating and creating plays for Montreal.

No players can sustain playing sub 40% and be effective over a long period of time. Especially when you compare to players on the same team, playing the same system with the same coach.

Oh boy, look at their usage. CF has flaws just like +/- anyways.

Here's a few posts on the effectiveness of corsi (which has several variables) vs other adv. stats:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=123514991&postcount=56

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=123504491&postcount=36

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well I will argue the Pens.

How many teams get a guy scoring 16 goals playing on the bottom line. Excellent at face offs. Excellent at defense.

Seriously and Khun and Fehr are no slouches

Best 4th AINEC

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

How many teams get a guy scoring 16 goals playing on the bottom line.
Excellent at face offs. Excellent at defense.

Best 4th AINEC

NYR has Pirri as the 4th line center and he scored 22 goals in 49 games two seasons ago :yo:

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land

How many teams get a guy scoring 16 goals playing on the bottom line. Excellent at face offs. Excellent at defense.

Best 4th AINEC

Hartnell scored 23 last season and is stuck on the Jackets 4th line .. :sarcasm:

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal
I guess all the Sabres depth flyers finally paid off for the Habs (ex-Sabres in the case of Byron)

Going by the lines thread it's easily Kulemin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck. LA, STL and SJS have really solid 4th lines. Duo of Pitlick-Letestu has looked really good too.

So far Clutterbuck is 4th in TOI, Kulemin 6th and Cizikas 8th.

There's no way this is a 4th line even with the PK time. Not counting the salaries..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad