Confirmed with Link: Berube Relieved Of His Coaching Duties And The Search For A New Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My dad called me to discuss this. He said he had been reading Philly media articles and they were all sympathetic to Berube.

He was set straight.

You need to explain to him that when he reads an article he should always believe the opposite of what's written is true.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
I'm late to the party!!

happyguydance.gif

Praaaaise Jesus!

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Frankly, i am really leary of McLelan (sp). The fact that Sharks are the masters of the choke scares the heck out of me.

I have seen this comment about McLellan by a few flyers fans but Joel Quenneville was also a guy fired multiple times before for not winning in the playoffs. Same with Darryl Sutter. They have collectively won 4 of the last 5 Stanley Cups.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I have seen this comment about McLellan by a few flyers fans but Joel Quenneville was also a guy fired multiple times before for not winning in the playoffs. Same with Darryl Sutter. They have collectively won 4 of the last 5 Stanley Cups.

I am leery of McLellan too. He has, to his credit, been able to play and develop some pretty young rookie Dmen (and forwards) during his time in SJ. He will let a kid play who earns it. E.g. Vlasic, Mueller, Hertl, Couture. They were good prospects but didn't spend much time in the AHL because they were ready. And playing them hasn't hurt them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Frankly, i am really leary of McLelan (sp). The fact that Sharks are the masters of the choke scares the heck out of me.

Ron Wilson was fired for the same reasons, so it seems like it's not a coaching thing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Might be a Joe Thornton thing. [ducks Joe's wrath]

I legitimately think a lot of that teams shortcomings in the playoffs are because of him. He's never stepped his game up and if recent behavior from him is an indication, the guy has no class..not exactly who you want leading the team in crunch time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Well said. You can even had Julien to that mix.

I think McLellan has what it takes to win a championship.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Might be a Joe Thornton thing. [ducks Joe's wrath]

Personally, I think it's a Doug Wilson thing. Look at the drek they had for depth, especially at forward. They've gotten by a few times doing that, but this year they burnt the candle at both ends. There was a few years they were legit, but things like Dany Heatley qutting during the playoffs didn't help.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What has Joe Thornton been doing that is making everyone call him Classless? I must have completely missed something.

He told his GM to "keep his mouth shut" publicly a few months ago.

He then called out McLellan a few days ago. McLellan said he had to "take some time with his family to think things over" and Thornton responded that he should "take some time with THIS family" referring to the team.

The guy is a classless ****ing *******.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
How do these ****ing morons get journalism jobs?!

no kidding. I saw that article last night while reading the Stoll story. forgot to post the link last night. I hope Murray is canned as well as soon as the Phantoms season is over. I really don't know what Murrays contract status is with LV.
I doubt Mark Morris would ever go back to the AHL. He would be the perfect candidate for some of the kids who will be in LV in the near future.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He told his GM to "keep his mouth shut" publicly a few months ago.

He then called out McLellan a few days ago. McLellan said he had to "take some time with his family to think things over" and Thornton responded that he should "take some time with THIS family" referring to the team.

The guy is a classless ****ing *******.

Murray didn't need to say some of the crap he said either. Both are wrong tho. You keep stuff like that internal on both sides.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Wow, that's wild. I didn't hear any of that.

I guess i can see why he was stripped of his Captaincy.

I remember when he was traded to the Sharks, Barry Melrose said: "If Joe is as good as he thinks he is, he'd still be in Boston" (or something of that nature)

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Didn't realize Joe Thornton was this much of a *****.

Huh. The more you know.

I suddenly want McLellan as the coach a lot more now.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
McClellan! McClellan! McClellan!

Seriously, he is the style of coach that the Flyers need - and a history of success. I think he's ready to take the next step and he's gonna have a young core to work with next year ;)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Not on board with the Thornton trashing. His situation was mishandled from the start. The GM resigns him to a long ass deal and gives him a NMC. Less then a year later Wilson strips Thornton of the captaincy saying that he crumbles under pressure, announces this all in a season ticket town hall meeting, basically listening to his haters and putting all the playoff woes on Thornton. He hadn't even had this conversation with Joe yet, he found out through the media when they asked him about it. Rumor comes out that he asked Thornton to waive his no trade clause less then a year after giving it to him, and Thornton goes to the media says there is no way in hell hes waiving it that he asked for it for a reason and he wants to stay in San Jose. Wilson denies he asked him. Things simmer down for a while then in another town hall meeting, this season, Wilson brings it up again saying , "He's got such a big heart that when stress comes to him, he lashes out at people and it kind of impacts the team. The pressure and stress, I felt, was getting to Joe." This is when the he needs to keep his mouth shut comments happened. I'm not sure Thornton has such a problem with McLellan other then McLellan is probably likely to side with his boss more then he is with Wilson.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not on board with the Thornton trashing. His situation was mishandled from the start. The GM resigns him to a long ass deal and gives him a NMC. Less then a year later Wilson strips Thornton of the captaincy saying that he crumbles under pressure, announces this all in a season ticket town hall meeting, basically listening to his haters and putting all the playoff woes on Thornton. He hadn't even had this conversation with Joe yet, he found out through the media when they asked him about it. Rumor comes out that he asked Thornton to waive his no trade clause less then a year after giving it to him, and Thornton goes to the media says there is no way in hell hes waiving it that he asked for it for a reason and he wants to stay in San Jose. Wilson denies he asked him. Things simmer down for a while then in another town hall meeting, this season, Wilson brings it up again saying , "He's got such a big heart that when stress comes to him, he lashes out at people and it kind of impacts the team. The pressure and stress, I felt, was getting to Joe." This is when the he needs to keep his mouth shut comments happened. I'm not sure Thornton has such a problem with McLellan other then McLellan is probably likely to side with his boss more then he is with Wilson.

Sounds like their both *******s to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad