Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi traded to Boston for 2024 1st & 2025 4th

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
He's looking to get a hyman level deal once he produces with the Tor core. Cap goes up next season and if he can stay healthy and produce in the playoffs again, he'll get a hefty pay day.
Exactly. I’m sure Treliving promised him that left wing spot on the Marner and Mattews line. Smart move for both parties.

He already saw how Boston used him and it wasn’t a featured role.

I just don’t like how well this worked out for TML.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Al48

Apr 23, 2020
Trying to cash in on a one year deal with TO is a big gamble for a guy who is injured all the time. People saying he just needs to stay healthy, but it’s not like he was trying to get injured before. He hasn’t had much success in the health department.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Anyone remember what the condition of that first round pick was? Was it if he re-signed or performance? (Sorry, but I can’t read through 18 pages)

Trades can no longer have conditions on resigning a new deal.

Reactions: Al48

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
bruins lost orlov, bertuzzi, hall, and counting. if bergeron and krejci retire could be an ugly season for boston esp. considering Atlantic is a shark tank. DRW have an outside but not terrible chance to pick high in the 2025 draft with boston's pick.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
bruins lost orlov, bertuzzi, hall, and counting. if bergeron and krejci retire could be an ugly season for boston esp. considering Atlantic is a shark tank. DRW have an outside but not terrible chance to pick high in the 2025 draft with boston's pick.
Not to mention literally every player they have signed this off-season are close or past that 35+ contract. Yikes

Reactions: Ulysses31

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Geez, the dude just won't leave our division. I figured if he stayed in the Atlantic then he and uncle Todd would pack up the entire clan and make for florida.
Nice deal for toronto.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why didn't we resign Bertuzzi then if all he got was 1 yr with Toronto?? A chance to say f you to Boston even more. Thanks for the 1st rd pick for nothing and our guy back.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Why didn't we resign Bertuzzi then if all he got was 1 yr with Toronto?? A chance to say f you to Boston even more. Thanks for the 1st rd pick for nothing and our guy back.

Probably for the same reason most FA don't want to come here. Detroit is probably on every player with a M-NTC "do not trade" list; MOD... and sucky team.

Last edited by a moderator:

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Chances are he took a paycut to be able to be on a contender and the possibility to boost his scoring. Now he gets to play with Tavarez or Matthews. He'll get paid next year if it works out and he stays healthy.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I don't know. Yzerman commented about those february negotiations, that team and player weren't on same page of the contract term and value. Then it was time for a trade, because he is not gonna lose the guy for free.

Quite sure Bertuzzi wanted more, either term or money. Now he faced that reality, that he wasn't getting anything more what Yzerman was offering. Yzerman maybe was offering same 5.5M for 4 years at maximum term.

But for clear, Bertuzzi is a smart man and an opportunity to play with Marner etc. could have huge impact on his numbers, and he could get more on the next UFA deal. He is the next Bunting on the pipeline.

Tuzzi will need a one full season to prove that he isn't total injury mess. Only season, so far in his career with 100% games was that 2019-20, which did end for corona stoppage. 71 games, 48 points, 0.68 ppg.

He is betting against himself. Can't blaim the guy. Always loved him. Will be pain-in-the-ass against us. Formerly he was that for the Leafs.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, that was honestly my first thought, too. Isn't the cap supposed to take a big jump next year? I'm sure a cup would be nice but so would a massive pay day.

Sounds like good advice from an agent.

Go to a loaded offensive team and cash in next year when more teams will have the space to sign a long-term commitment. I can see myself making that same decision.

The only downside is the injury risk. Classic Jerry Maguire plotline!

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Boston gave up a lot for a 1st round defeat.

Red Wings received a conditional first-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft (top-10 protected) and a fourth-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad