Injury Report: Bertuzzi day-to-day

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I think 50% retention is the most a team can do, but I want to say that you can play with that and get it up to 75% retention by doing a three team trade.
This is correct. This is what happened in the David Savard trade two seasons ago, where Detroit was the middle man and retained 50% of 50% of his cap hit.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I personally think a 1st for Bertuzzi is a pipe dream at this point, unless there are more moving parts to the deal. Bertuzzi looks like dogshit out there and can’t stay healthy. What team is going to sink one of their best trade chips on a guy who might not even be healthy, and when he is, looks like crap? Is there a comp for this scenario? He’d need an absolutely monstrous February to regain his status and nothing indicates that’s going to happen.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bert go in a trade similar to the Leddy trade: Yzerman keys in on an under-the-radar roster player or prospect, maybe two, that he likes (Sundqvist, Walman) and a couple 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd. Detroit gets something useful and potentially valuable, trade partner gets to spread out their risk among potential middle sixers and non-1st rounders, appeasing fans. Win-win.

It really is a f***ing bummer how our rebuild is going. You probably could’ve convinced me that Bert could return *two* 1st rounders last year, now look where he is. Then you’ve got Larkin’s status up in the air. And we’ve screwed ourselves out of a top 4 draft pick by signing chumps, which is where the potential offensive stars are this year - something we’ve never really had the opportunity of landing.

Mickey always used to point out that Columbus has had such little success because they never bottomed out well enough to get the truly good prospects. I worry we’re on that course. Might have to rebuild the rebuild.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
What team is going to sink one of their best trade chips on a guy who might not even be healthy, and when he is, looks like crap? Is there a comp for this scenario?
Not a perfect comparison, but I remember a lot of talk about how low Tatar's trade value was and then shock when we got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not a perfect comparison, but I remember a lot of talk about how low Tatar's trade value was and then shock when we got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him.

Think Kubalik is the "Tatar" at this deadline.

Our 2nd best scorer per game, 0.71 points. Really cheap caphit and could retent 50% away to raise the value.

When Tatar was traded, he had scored on 0.45 per game on that season.

Reactions: DatsDeking

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Bert is worth a #1 to a top tier contender. More IF he agrees to a trade and sign.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Think Kubalik is the "Tatar" at this deadline.

Our 2nd best scorer per game, 0.71 points. Really cheap caphit and could retent 50% away to raise the value.

When Tatar was traded, he had scored on 0.45 per game on that season.
We got 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Tatar?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Kubaliks production is slightly better

And overall he’s much more effective.

I don’t have many gripes about Fester as coach but the two that really bother me are 1) the Chiarot-Seider pairing and 2) Not putting Larkin and Kubalik together more.

Dominik Kubalik - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

At even strength 11 points with Larkin, 11 points with Perron. On the power play 12 with Larkin and 13 with Perron. Was scoring at about a point per game pace when playing more with Larkin and/or Perron. Gets shuttled down the lineup and paired with Pius f***ing Suter and hasn’t scored much since.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I don’t have many gripes about Fester as coach but the two that really bother me are 1) the Chiarot-Seider pairing and 2) Not putting Larkin and Kubalik together more.

Dominik Kubalik - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

At even strength 11 points with Larkin, 11 points with Perron. On the power play 12 with Larkin and 13 with Perron. Was scoring at about a point per game pace when playing more with Larkin and/or Perron. Gets shuttled down the lineup and paired with Pius f***ing Suter and hasn’t scored much since.
The worst part is that these aren't goals that he is just tapping in or deflections. He has a cannon of a shot and when he gets it off clean, he honestly reminds me of a poor mans, left-handed ovechkin because of how hard that shot is.

Him on the dot or top of the circle in the offensive zone is just so damn dangerous and it is always frustrating when you don't see him on the powerplay or receives a bad pass from the point for the one timer.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The worst part is that these aren't goals that he is just tapping in or deflections. He has a cannon of a shot and when he gets it off clean, he honestly reminds me of a poor mans, left-handed ovechkin because of how hard that shot is.

Him on the dot or top of the circle in the offensive zone is just so damn dangerous and it is always frustrating when you don't see him on the powerplay or receives a bad pass from the point for the one timer.

I was going to say he has a little Martin Havlat in his game. Maybe less flash but similar in how they create offense. Either way, the dude needs more ice time. Since New Years Eve he’s played more than 16 minutes TWICE. In that span of 14 games he’s only had 2 goals and 6 points.

It’s ridiculous that this team has needed an offensive boost more than anything during that stretch but Kubalik was playing on the 3rd/4th lines and we had to watch Bertuzzi fumble everything thrown his way on the 1st line.

Reactions: Reddwit

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I was going to say he has a little Martin Havlat in his game. Maybe less flash but similar in how they create offense. Either way, the dude needs more ice time. Since New Years Eve he’s played more than 16 minutes TWICE. In that span of 14 games he’s only had 2 goals and 6 points.

It’s ridiculous that this team has needed an offensive boost more than anything during that stretch but Kubalik was playing on the 3rd/4th lines and we had to watch Bertuzzi fumble everything thrown his way on the 1st line.
I can only wonder if it has something to do with his defensive abilities. IDK if he is bad or good defensively off the top of my head, but that is the only thing I can think of and since Lalonde and Yzerman want more defensive structure.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I can only wonder if it has something to do with his defensive abilities. IDK if he is bad or good defensively off the top of my head, but that is the only thing I can think of and since Lalonde and Yzerman want more defensive structure.

Kubalik has had some lapses (notably bad against Minnesota, and made a pretty bad error in the Philly game) but overall is better than most of Detroit’s wingers defensively.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I am not sure I can say anything about the coach. I think he does everything wrong. But now I risk to get the whole board against me.
Nothing new, I have handled it fine before.

Anyhow Kubalik seems like a far superior player to Tatar if you ask me.
Hopefully there is a GM sending 1, 2, 3 for Kubalik as there was for Tatar.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I am not sure I can say anything about the coach. I think he does everything wrong. But now I risk to get the whole board against me.
Nothing new, I have handled it fine before.

Anyhow Kubalik seems like a far superior player to Tatar if you ask me.
Hopefully there is a GM sending 1, 2, 3 for Kubalik as there was for Tatar.

I'm also starting to wonder if this coach was the right coach. This roster certainly has not been as good as the sum of their parts. While I never expected playoffs (It would have been nice) this team should be right about where Buffalo is in the standings but are inching closer to picking 6 to 10 at the draft, and that is a failure unless this team somehow manages to get a true franchise talent out of this draft.

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think it's the right coach. The team defence was first thing to fix.

They have improved defensively.

Next thing is to keep that defensive level and start producing more offence.

Reactions: NickH8

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I think it's the right coach. The team defence was first thing to fix.

They have improved defensively.

Next thing is to keep that defensive level and start producing more offence.
We were not so terrible 1st part of the season as the second one. I am not sure the numbers are better. Can you check it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I believe that there were some dollar hotdogs included in the trade to even it out.
No hot dogs in the Murphy trade, just "future considerations" which amounted to nothing. So in effect, he was even cheaper than Draper.

He was basically a salary dump even though there was no cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad