Injury Report: Bertuzzi day-to-day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
God dang, can't trade him fast enough. Likely going to have to settle now with any deal made involving him.

Remember the discussion last year when posters had concerns on a long-term deal because of injury concerns and Bertuzzi's style of play?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
God dang, can't trade him fast enough. Likely going to have to settle now with any deal made involving him.

Remember the discussion last year when posters had concerns on a long-term deal because of injury concerns and Bertuzzi's style of play?
Yes but I think people were more worried about his back (understandably) than him breaking both hands on two fluke plays.

What a shitstorm of a season Bert is having. Such a bummer.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Returning for tonight's game.
Been an unfortunate season so far, but its only about the half way point. Bert still has time to get his game together. Very disappointing and frustrating as a fan. Let's hope we see more of that 30 goal Bertuzzi after the all star break.
I am hoping they start him slower this time back. The rust really showed with him on that top pp unit.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
My guess is that we sign him to a 1 or 2 year extension, his trade value is likely not very high at all at the moment. Sign him to a short term extension (assuming he's willing to stay), and then go from there.
I would love a 2 year prove it deal but I think hes looking to get paid.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My guess is that we sign him to a 1 or 2 year extension, his trade value is likely not very high at all at the moment. Sign him to a short term extension (assuming he's willing to stay), and then go from there.
1 yr extension with no raise is what I'm guessing the offer will be.

Either that or he's gonna have to take a cheap contract somewhere else. He would've been better off doing a 2 or 3 year extension at the beginning of the season before he got injured, it's a risk player take I guess.

I would love a 2 year prove it deal but I think hes looking to get paid.
Nobody is gonna pay him

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Trade him for whatever we can get.

He's not going to sign for term because he's not going to get a meaningful raise. His injuries cost him $20m+ or so term and AAV.

He'll probably want to sign a 1 yr deal to try again next season but not necessarily here. Some place he can slot into a stacked top 6 and put up numbers without having to work as hard as he does here for production to try and get more of that lost value back. He won't get it all.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I still think a playoff team happily pays a 1st for him at the deadline. Despite all injuries, his last name is still Bertuzzi and he’s known to be a gritty goal scorer. Who doesn’t want that kind of guy on their team come playoffs

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I still think a playoff team happily pays a 1st for him at the deadline. Despite all injuries, his last name is still Bertuzzi and he’s known to be a gritty goal scorer. Who doesn’t want that kind of guy on their team come playoffs
I agree, I think Bert at 50% retained would net the Wings a late first. I was hoping for more than that though but he can't stay healthy.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What do we do with this guy? he has been so bad.

He hasn't really gotten up to game speed with 3 separate injuries. Lots of players struggle when they play a small handful of games, get hurt, come back for 2 or 3 get hurt again. He was starting to play better the last 2 games before he got hurt, which was him getting back to game shape. That said, hurt again really means this is a lost season even if he comes back and unfortunately will bring his TDL value down, presuming he is healthy enough to be traded by March 3rd.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I agree, I think Bert at 50% retained would net the Wings a late first. I was hoping for more than that though but he can't stay healthy.
Hell I'd be ok with 100% retention if it gets the Wings a 1st round pick.

Can you even do 100% retention? It's pretty funny to think of a guy playing essentially for free on another team.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hell I'd be ok with 100% retention if it gets the Wings a 1st round pick.

Can you even do 100% retention? It's pretty funny to think of a guy playing essentially for free on another team.
I think 50% retention is the most a team can do, but I want to say that you can play with that and get it up to 75% retention by doing a three team trade.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad