Injury Report: Bertuzzi day-to-day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I wonder when they would try that junior line, FAbbri - Suter - Bertuzzi from Guelph days.

1675812660648.png

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
No hot dogs in the Murphy trade, just "future considerations" which amounted to nothing. So in effect, he was even cheaper than Draper.

He was basically a salary dump even though there was no cap.
Leafs also ate almost a mil of his last year.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Surprised folks are already turning on Lalonde. I haven’t particularly liked what he’s done so far but we have to remember that he’s a rookie himself. Maybe he hasn’t liked what he’s done so far either.

I’d personally give him at least 2 years to see what he can do here. That doesn’t mean I won’t hate on his decisions in the interim, but I think he’s earned the right to have an off-season to adjust his gameplan going forward if need be. The only thing I hate about him so far is his corny ass nickname.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Surprised folks are already turning on Lalonde. I haven’t particularly liked what he’s done so far but we have to remember that he’s a rookie himself. Maybe he hasn’t liked what he’s done so far either.

I’d personally give him at least 2 years to see what he can do here. That doesn’t mean I won’t hate on his decisions in the interim, but I think he’s earned the right to have an off-season to adjust his gameplan going forward if need be. The only thing I hate about him so far is his corny ass nickname.

My problem with Lalonde is this: The TALENT of this team is not coming together as it should, and that's on him. And even when faced with a problem that's both clear to the eye test and the analytics test he keeps riding it. I hate Blashill but he was wise enough to end Leddy-Seider after 10 games. We suffered through 30 games of Chiarot-Seider and that ugly pairing of Hagg-Lindstrom. The Wings probably lost 5 extra games BECAUSE of these pairings.

To me, it feels like the Red Wings are trying to employ a 2014 defensive scheme and philosophy and play for a 2-1 win but the rest of the league has greatly evolved and is pushing to win games 5-4. Other teams, good AND bad, are letting their offensive guys run loose. Fester is keeping his penned up. ( Kubalik, Berggren, Perron, Raymond early in the year) and it's hurting this team.

EDIT: Another problem is, when we actually HAVE seen good offensive lines put together they don't seem to last more than a game or two before shit gets shuffled.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
My problem with Lalonde is this: The TALENT of this team is not coming together as it should, and that's on him. And even when faced with a problem that's both clear to the eye test and the analytics test he keeps riding it. I hate Blashill but he was wise enough to end Leddy-Seider after 10 games. We suffered through 30 games of Chiarot-Seider and that ugly pairing of Hagg-Lindstrom. The Wings probably lost 5 extra games BECAUSE of these pairings.

To me, it feels like the Red Wings are trying to employ a 2014 defensive scheme and philosophy and play for a 2-1 win but the rest of the league has greatly evolved and is pushing to win games 5-4. Other teams, good AND bad, are letting their offensive guys run loose. Fester is keeping his penned up. ( Kubalik, Berggren, Perron, Raymond early in the year) and it's hurting this team.

EDIT: Another problem is, when we actually HAVE seen good offensive lines put together they don't seem to last more than a game or two before shit gets shuffled.
All point I can agree with, I just think it’s fair to give the guy a chance to evolve, learn from his mistakes, etc.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
And overall he’s much more effective.

I don’t have many gripes about Fester as coach but the two that really bother me are 1) the Chiarot-Seider pairing and 2) Not putting Larkin and Kubalik together more.

Dominik Kubalik - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

At even strength 11 points with Larkin, 11 points with Perron. On the power play 12 with Larkin and 13 with Perron. Was scoring at about a point per game pace when playing more with Larkin and/or Perron. Gets shuttled down the lineup and paired with Pius f***ing Suter and hasn’t scored much since.

Yeah, Kubalik got off to a great start with Larkin, and then they got separated and now he won't go back to it. Kubalik was never going to be ppg all year, but he was doing much better with Larkin than with others.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think it's the right coach. The team defence was first thing to fix.

They have improved defensively.

Next thing is to keep that defensive level and start producing more offence.

Yes, but if only defence gets fixed, and offence goes south, you have the same problem, only reverse. I don't want to be a NYI Barry Trotz style team, that is lame and boring hockey. Winning doesn't make boring games fun, it just makes it more tolerable. If Lalonde had his way in TB, they would have put a leash on Kucherov as Lalonde himself said, which is not what you do to any offence first player. Get others to play defence and let the offensive guys play offence.

My worry with Fester is he is going to drum out the creativity from our offensive guys in the name of more responsible defence.

Not turning on him, just worried is all. He likes defensive hockey first and foremost which isn't my kind of hockey.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Can we lock this thread or rename it to a generic bertuzzi discussion?

I’m not normally a forum stickler but this guy has been injured too many times to be actively posting in a thread about an injury from 2 weeks ago. Lol

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Can we lock this thread or rename it to a generic bertuzzi discussion?

I’m not normally a forum stickler but this guy has been injured too many times to be actively posting in a thread about an injury from 2 weeks ago. Lol
Yep. Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot