Bertuzzi and Moore settled? (MOD WARNING: Post #13)

May 31, 2006
I'm kind of sad it was settled, since a trial would have been super interesting.

Hopefully the terms are leaked.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
It's good that Moore can finally move on. Hopefully he has enough money now to hire a caretaker for his special daily needs.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Man, I have nothing to do with this lawsuit, but it was even draining me by the end. This thing can't end soon enough.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Apparently bertuzzi's lawyer just got an email that may throw the deal into jeopardy.

Alflives*

Does anyone know if the current owners of the team would be responsible to pay, if the suit said the team was partly to blame too?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
even steve moore's lawyer knows hes not worthy of or receiving 68m in damages lol. i wonder if the terms of a settlement will ever actually be released

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This thread is to discuss the reported settlement of the lawsuit between Steve Moore and Todd Bertuzzi. This is not the place to discuss whether you feel Bertuzzi's actions were ultimately responsible for Moore's injuries, liability for the injuries or what have you.

If you find yourself unable to abide by this, do not post in this thread. Deletions, infractions and possible thread-closure will result if this is ignored.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
even steve moore's lawyer knows hes not worthy of or receiving 68m in damages lol. i wonder if the terms of a settlement will ever actually be released

I think it's the NHL driving this, the settlement will be quite big IMO. The damages a court case could do for the NHL's public image could be real bad.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Are you saying that the NHL is bearing most of the settlement to avoid going to court?

No, but that could be the case too.

What I'm saying is that the NHL/Bertuzzi/Canucks side are the ones who are driving the settlement discussions because they don't want it to go to court.

Domecile

Opinion != Fact
Jul 9, 2014
Delta
Feel bad for Bert. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and probably one of the best power forwards in the last decade... Shame this is what most people will remember him for.

Harold

Aug 17, 2006
Kelowna
I recall that a couple of years ago, the Defendants had made some type of agreement how to allocate their respective liabilities for any settlement or judgment paid. Moore's lawyer applied and received a court order that he be given particulars of this agreement. Were the terms of that agreement ever disclosed or leaked? That would set out what percentage of any settlement the Canucks and Bertuzzi will pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Feel bad for Bert. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and probably one of the best power forwards in the last decade... Shame this is what most people will remember him for.

I remember him for his abyssmal playoff performances and this settlement.

And for leaving the bench, I liked that move.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Just end this. It's been a black cloud over this organization for ten years, even though nobody from that regime except the Sedins is on the team anymore.

Came here to say this. New owners, new GMs, new coaches, new players. Finally this can go away. I'm so beyond it now as a fan. Wish that never happened. Hope Steve got a fair settlement.

And Todd is a great guy, I hope he's gotten or can get over it. One big lapse in judgment and everything changes. I still like Todd even though it was a huge mistake to say the least.

Johnny LaRue

Jul 21, 2005
Abbotsford
If Moore was seeking $68M, it would be safe to assume that the money he would receive in a settlement would be considerably lower. Anyway, I don't see how Bert could afford $68M.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Really liked Bert, but he was an idiot on the ice too often...never liked Moore, and considering he is a money grubbing ***** I still don't like him. Everyone involved in this entire fiasco loses except the bottom feeding lawyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad