Confirmed with Link: Bernier traded to Ducks for a conditional 2017 draft pick

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Are expectations for Andersen already at an elite level? What I want from Andersen next year is some consistency, hard work and some back end leadership. What I am not expecting next year is vezina type numbers or playoff bound wins.

We need a goalie who will not be injured every other week and who won't let in a goal from center ice every 3rd game. I know that I am being facetious but honestly the goalie rollercoaster we have had here even for the last 2 years has been stupid. It will be nice to finally move on from it regardless of results.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey*

Are expectationsfor Andersen already at an elite level? What I want from Andersen next year is some consistency, hard work and some back end leadership. What I am not expecting next year is vezina type numbers or playoff bound wins.

We need a goalie who will not be injured every other week and who won't let in a goal from center ice every 3rd game. I know that I am being facetious but honestly the goalie rollercoaster we have had here even for the last 2 years has been stupid. It will be nice to finally move on from it regardless of results.

I think Lou said they did all the homework on Anderson and they expect him to be an elite goalie from what I remember, I could be wrong? All the video i see on him, he looks like a top 10 goalie.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think Lou said they did all the homework on Anderson and they expect him to be an elite goalie from what I remember, I could be wrong? All the video i see on him, he looks like a top 10 goalie.

Yeah - to a degree we just have to hope the Leafs stats guys and scouts managed to identify something with Andersen that made them confident to invest a 5x5 contract.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014

Even so, he's going to be a top 10 goalie on a 30 place team. Time for people to start to get their expectations in check.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Would love to see a GM make a trade then say, ya we did most of the homework, but skipped some of it.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Would love to see a GM make a trade then say, ya we did most of the homework, but skipped some of it.

Lol. "Look we were up late last night so we really only checked the important stuff. "

"We needed a goalie so I figured we start looking alphabetically"

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
There is very little evidence that Andersen is a top 10 goalie. Keep your expectations realistic, people. He's an average starter. Most importantly, he is a consistent starter -- his above-average appearance % is 53.49%, compared to Bernier's 42%. He's also nooooot quite at peak age, so he'll probably get a little better.

But he's not a top tier goalie. The good news is that you don't really need one to be competitive - you do need a competent and consistent goalie, however, which is what Andersen is.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
There is very little evidence that Andersen is a top 10 goalie. Keep your expectations realistic, people. He's an average starter. Most importantly, he is a consistent starter -- his above-average appearance % is 53.49%, compared to Bernier's 42%. He's also nooooot quite at peak age, so he'll probably get a little better.

But he's not a top tier goalie. The good news is that you don't really need one to be competitive - you do need a competent and consistent goalie, however, which is what Andersen is.

Yes and he is being paid as such, an average goalie top 15 maybe 20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad