Confirmed with Link: Bergevin signs extension

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
That is good news. I have been really impressed with Marc Bergevin and all his ring of advisers.

The Habs future looks good :clap:

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Very very very please with this.

I just hope Molson was able to include a 'Trade Clause' instead of a NTC to the deal for that all-star GM ... MB forced to trade for a winger to respect the contract :naughty:

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
So happy! Not only is he one of the best, he surrounds himself with quality people. To think I only knew his name, never really saw him play and now I want him to stay here as long as he wishes. Our next cup (which should be pretty soon!) will be well deserved for him, he's doing an awesome job. :handclap:

McyAdV.gif

As far as quality goes, this is probably the best GIF I've ever seen. So clean and realistic :laugh:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Pierre Lebrun on TSN690 yesterday mentionned that Bergevin, unlike most GMs in the league, will get in touch with other GMs at least every three weeks (hence all the rumors we've been hearing). Obviously he's been busy. I like his energy.

Congrats to Bergevin, this is the best Montreal team I've had the chance to follow since the ending of the 90's.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

"The team plays the game the right way which is a compliment to the staff he has hired and the players he has developed. He is very respected in the hockey business.''
Jim Nill, Dallas Stars

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The issue with Gainey wasn't his daughter, it's that he was trying to win the cup for the Centennial. He tried to take a few short cuts and it hurt us.

A lot of revisionism about that 2008-09 season. The team had finished first in the East the year before with a deadly PP and one of the hottest first line in the league. Vets weren't too old, kids were coming up and they added some good pieces like Tanguay and Lang. They had a great start, too.

Gainey's plan for the centennial was great and everybody was stoked at the beginning of the year.

It just went South big time in the second half because of injuries and off-ice issues. From Gainey's perspective, it's mostly a bazillion barrels of pure badluck and things he had little control over.

Yes, he should have sold everything at the deadline and just tanked that goddamned season. But that's easy to say with hindsight.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Just learned that he's the one who signed Pacioretty to this great contract.. I thought it was the previous GM. Well deserved extension indeed.

Edit: Gallagher's contract is even better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's going to give a PC late aft. Go ahead Bergie, announce a trade at the same time. :sarcasm:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Just learned that he's the one who signed Pacioretty to this great contract.. I thought it was the previous GM. Well deserved extension indeed.

Edit: Gallagher's contract is even better.

He has negotiated contracts with Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Petry, Markov, Beaulieu, Flynn, Mitchell, Emelin, Gilbert, Weise, Tinordi, Pateryn, Condon, Holloway, Andrighetto, Bournival, etc...

He has fingerprints everywhere basically.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I don't think I've ever read a thread as unanimous as this one for a coach/GM that's been around for over 3 years. I seem to remember the reviews being fairly mixed as recent as the last summer.

There's a first for everything, I suppose.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Man those Gallagher and Pacioretty contracts are pure gold.

Yup. Hopefully we take advantage of that for the next 2 years before Pacioretty is up to an extension. He will be making over 7 on his next contract at this rate. + Price will be up as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad