Confirmed with Link: Bergevin signs extension

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
McyAdV.gif

Evokes the image of Reed Richards stag night, Mr.Fantastic Habs version of hockey "Genius". On with the Stanley Cup charge, "In Marc We Believe"!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I just think back not long ago to being highly traumatized by Gauthier and Jacques Martin trying to win 1-0 every night .
Man the hopeless feelings.

Bergy has delivered on the ice in a short period of time and happy to hear we locked him up long term.
Berg has given the Habs fans back the fire to think we can win a cup .....Thanks Bergy.

Therrien hire turned out to be a very wise move for Bergy......and big props to Therrien for changing up the system this year...
It's fun to watch Montreal hockey.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well true....but that's a new development. Was there before....was probably no openings, Bergevin keeps him. But now....here's a freakin long term commitment for Bergevin. We will now see where he stands with that. In all honesty.....I wouldn't panic over it anymore. Maybe a change of orientation of a pair of new eyes could be good. Though, my problem is that if it's not Timmins....it's probably Churla.....and I'm not sure that it will be better....
Well, no point in going this far ahead WS. :laugh:
Timmins is here, we have zero indication he wants to leave, so let's not get carried away.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Happy for him. I really like Bergy but without Timmins and Dudley he would be lost. They better get over payed until this team brings back the Cup home.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Happy for him. I really like Bergy but without Timmins and Dudley he would be lost. They better get over payed until this team brings back the Cup home.

I agree 100%, particularly for Dudley. I am a little scared that we lose Dudley to retirement at some point and then we come to regret Bergy. Dudley's pro-scouting is what is making the difference right now imo. I am less scared about Timmins as I don't value him as much as others here.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not too concerned about Dudley retiring. Bergevin will have acquired so much experience by the time Dudley calls it a day, that it won't be critical. Everyone is replaceable.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

WHAT!! :amazed:

A President is nothing without his Advisors
An Airline Pilot is nothing without his Dispatchers, First Officer and Maintenance
A Race Car driver is nothing without his crew...

The ability to surround yourself with capable people and empowering them is the true measure of competent management and leadership.......aka Bergevin

I've seen countless times people ridicule, bash, curse and argue Bergevin's moves and philosophies...the whole Character issue has been beat to death and mocked. Yet, Bergevin has put together a winning culture and team on AND off the ice.

The "Solo Show" that Gauthier tried to sell us has gone and died with the ex GM, surrounding yourself with great minds and concluding to decisions as a team is the exact recipe for success, but to say he'd be "Lost", is a bit of a stretch.

Glad this Man is at the helm of our ship...Merci Bergevin!!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Al MacIsaac is from Antigonish NS and he is a big wig for the Hawks, I also know Dennis Bonvie(also from here) and they all say Marc Bergevin is a very smart man. We are in good hands here, we should be, Scotty Bowman trained him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad