Confirmed with Link: Bergevin meeting with the media at 5:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes he did actually...but you didn't take the time or care to listen to him silence the rumors about Subban

You've got your mind made up already
Actually you're right. I'm in Hong Kong, tough to get all the info. I see nothing wrong really.
Although I don't really get why he held a presser.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
03 04 190 goals for Pens....05/ 06 Crosby and Malkin join team. Scoring immediately went up.

How did they do immediately after Michelle was fired?

Rank the same seasons in powerplay stats with league rankings. Dropped like a stone in water under Michelle. Big surprise I know.

Gonchar was out most the year the year Therrien was fired, later in the year Gonchar came back and they acquired Kunitz for Ryan Whitney (and also acquired Guerin).

The Pens didn't improve just because of a coaching change, getting one of the top offensive D in the league back and adding two top 6 forwards were key reasons why they improved so much.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Because they're not true?? And because PK's reputation is being tarnished, after all, why in the hell would you want to trade a Norris winner in his prime when you're supposedly building?
But ya sure, let's keep the rumors going and keep spreading the PK is a problem fictional idea.

Euh...both. Your point? You can't be a fan of a player and the team now??
What a stupid notion.

Ya..right..that's why. Rumors happen because god forbid a player has fans who don't want him moved. Surely, that makes him bigger than the team...:facepalm:

Did you listen and read his comments. MB said he is not trading Subban. He said the same thing at the year end press conference. Stop making up crazy scenarios in your head because you hate MB.

You realize that this is all in your head right ? That MB said it is not realistic that PK will be traded.

And this whole thing is media driven so stop blaming MB. The media is creating the rumours and fuelling the fans. Even on this thread non stop bashing and speculation when MB said he is not trading PK and that PK is a big part of the team a core piece and an elite defence men.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
the biggest issue here is that two ****ing maniacs are running the habs. therrien is a witless dime a dozen coach who has a job because he speaks french and bergevin is not all that better. and these two foxhole clowns might move habs best dman in 3 decades out of town. you build around PK, you find the players that compliment his creativity, not fit him into an old-school imbeciles out of date hockey tactics

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It's pretty unbelievable....i don't know if people are purposely ignoring what he says or just aren't able to grasp it.

What he said doesn't fit the narrative so people are pretending he said what they wanted him to say so they can continue to bash and complain. That's the only explanation . Either that or people don't understand English and French at all.

We both predicted it but it's happened. 20 pages later and the narrative is the MB is running PKs name through the mud and he is doing everything in his power to trade him. The echo chamber will repeat this over and over till its forced as fact.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Since 2011-12, Patches is 5th in this list behind Ovechkin, Stamkos, Pavelski and Perry.
Ahead of Tavares, Seguin, Benn, Kane and Kessel.

But he is paid less than anyone in the top-50 unless I am wrong.
Actually, Ladd and Backes are making the same money as him but they should get a significant raise on July 1st.

Pacioretty may well have the best release in the NHL. His wrist shot is insane. Before his leg injury, he also used to be super fast (may still be, we will see in October). And he has size. This combo has allowed him to generate shots at an elite pace and score a lot of goals. But he has almost no game besides that. He's not a great passer, he's not particularly good defensively (no, playing on the PK doesn't mean you're good defensively 5v5, he was awful all year last year), he has zero physical game, he doesn't play with heart. He has huge flaws as a player. People who like Pacioretty love to point out the odd time he'll make a good pass, or throw a hit and sarcastically tell us "oh Pacioretty is a bad passer, lol" or "But guys Pacioretty never hits". Yes, every player with his ice time will make a good pass once in a while, doesn't mean Pacioretty is a good passer. And everyone will throw a hit every now and then, doesn't mean Pacioretty is physical.

Ever since the Chara hit, he's been extremely afraid of any physical contact and plays a perimeter game. I can't blame him, and I have a lot of respect for him for going out there despite the many concussions and continue his pro career. But Pacioretty is not a player in the mold of Ovechkin, Benn, Stamkos, Perry, Tavares and all the other names you listed. Even Pavelski is better than him because Pavelski shows up in the playoffs and doesn't have the type of game that turns him into a playoffs no show like Patch.

But yes, people will always have regular season stats and quantitative arguments to back Pacioretty up. He has numbers, no question, like Thornton. He has much of the same flaws as Thornton actually. Both are big guys who don't have an extra gear. They are great regular season players but a fraction of that same player when the space disappears in the playoffs. That is why both of these players will never ever be the go-to guys in cup wins. If they are secondary players on a cup team that is perfect for them, but if they're expected to be the best forwards on your team you're not going to win anything. And while Pacioretty has a 4,5M cap hit, he doesn't have to be THE guy up front because we should have cap room to surround him better. But those days are coming at an end, and we should trade him while he has value. It's who should be in trade talks with other GMs, not Subban.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
the biggest issue here is that two ****ing maniacs are running the habs. therrien is a witless dime a dozen coach who has a job because he speaks french and bergevin is not all that better. and these two foxhole clowns might move habs best dman in 3 decades out of town. you build around PK, you find the players that compliment his creativity, not fit him into an old-school imbeciles out of date hockey tactics

Why do you believe they will trade PK? Because media speculation?

MB since end of year presser to today has answered the question if he is looking to trade Subban with a clear no. So why all of a sudden they might move PK when clearly they say they aren't ?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It's not about if he can make other teams stop calling. 'CAuse he could. By saying, DON'T CALL ME ABOUT PK HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

But does he want to? Clearly, he doesn't want to make them stop. That's obvious. It still won't work though. Way too scary in the end for him.

I don't see any reason he should say that about ANY player. No player is untradeable. Even if the right offer came up for Price/Gallagher/Galchenyuk etc. you still listen.

Even if Bergevin came out and said in a meaningless press conference "don't call me about Subban, he's not getting traded".. during conversations other GMs would probably still bring him up.

People just love to make a big deal about everything when it is Subban, if Bergevin came out and said Subban he won't ever trade Subban.. people would complain Bergevin is close minded and isn't trying to improve his team etc.

At the end of the day, I could care less about these stupid press conferences and what he says at them. There is no reason for Bergevin to go out and say he wouldn't EVER trade Subban, and Subban is a professional making $9 million a year and he obviously understands it is a business so it isn't like his feelings are going to be hurt that Bergevin didn't say there is zero chance he's getting traded.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Can't wait to see the reaction when we trade our 9th for Cowen and Stamkos, Okposo, Backes, Eriksson etc.all sign with other teams and we sign Versteeg to bolster the offense.

FML... :facepalm:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We aren't even going to address scoring.

MB and MT don't think offense is relevant.

I told you before and I will tell you again. They want to win every game 1-0 with our only goal being a fluke bounce.

Mad Brills*

We aren't even going to address scoring.

MB and MT don't think offense is relevant.

I told you before and I will tell you again. They want to win every game 1-0 with our only goal being a fluke bounce.

"top 6 forwards aren't available"

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Why do you believe they will trade PK? Because media speculation?

MB since end of year presser to today has answered the question if he is looking to trade Subban with a clear no. So why all of a sudden they might move PK when clearly they say they aren't ?

the ****ing dummy running the team guaranteed his witless coach would be there, he didn't do the same for his best dman. do you understand french? bergevin never outright said PK wouldn't be traded. he only made some vague remark that a team called about price a couple of years ago, and he listened then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad