Bergevin Discussion Thread Part V - [Mod Warning post #105]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
So if Bishop is "average", Stamkos and Hedman get hurt, are they making the playoffs??

I believe Hedman, Bishop and Stamkos all got hurt last year along with a few other players.

Habs have not had to deal with too many injuries the last few years. A stark contrast to the Habs teams prior to MT/MB taking over. We have been at our very best during the last few regular seasons and the real numbers are poor. PP is poor and that's with a healthy PK, Max, Plek, etc....all year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
If Price plays average the Habs will be a bubble team, not a lottery team.

Maybe...but I could easily see this team near the bottom. We finished just 10 points up from the last playoff spot. Price got us many wins off his back. Erase a good 7-8 wins with average price..

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I believe Hedman, Bishop and Stamkos all got hurt last year along with a few other players.

Habs have not had to deal with too many injuries the last few years. A stark contrast to the Habs teams prior to MT/MB taking over. We have been at our very best during the last few regular seasons and the real numbers are poor. PP is poor and that's with a healthy PK, Max, Plek, etc....all year.
Inside their top 7 scorers, lowest games played was 75 games, Stamkos played them all and Bishop started 62 games.
The Habs were no doubt healthy last year but you can't hold that against them, but let's not pretend like TB was injury riddled, the year they were, Habs swept them in 4. Not too many teams in this league can suffer injuries to key players and maintain a winning streak

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Inside their top 7 scorers, lowest games played was 75 games, Stamkos played them all and Bishop started 62 games.
The Habs were no doubt healthy last year but you can't hold that against them, but let's not pretend like TB was injury riddled, the year they were, Habs swept them in 4. Not too many teams in this league can suffer injuries to key players and maintain a winning streak

The Season we swept Tampa... Stamkos played 37 games. Bishop got injured during the most important part of the season which was down the stretch and didn't play in the playoffs. Bishop was a vezina finalist and was injured...Stamkos gone for most of the season and was still recovering from injury at the tail end of the season.

Their 2 most important players that season were injured. There were other injuries that occured in the Habs series.

Habs have had a healthy PK, Max and Price in reg season and the playoffs...unitl Price got injured against the Rangers and Habs got waxed by the Rangers...Price missed a short amount of games as well during the regular season and Habs got waxed too. I guess injuries to key players matter, don't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad