Bergevin Discussion Thread Part IV - Low Expectations Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I just decide to believe that he's not believing 1 word he's saying. Impossible that he does. I mean, a professionnal GM do NOT say that one of the reason we're not moving was because we finished 2nd in the conference....not when you take into consideration that we had no injuries while everybody else around us did. And not when you take into consideration that the 8th place team was 10 points behind us. That's 5 freakin wins. And ALL this in a year when your most important player of them all had a season to win 4 ****ING TROPHIES.

So nope....Bergevin didn't not say that for real.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
We have the same team who's got 110points last year + Petry and Mitchell (HUGE upgrade on Malhotra) for all season.

We can expect Galchenyuk and Gallagher to bring more offense and we can also expect one of Hudon/Scherbak/McCarron to be a part of this team.

WHAT is the urgency to gave those assets, to trade?? At the moment, we have to keep developping our young players (don't tell me, but we suck so bad at it, bla bla bla, cause this is only sounding biased) and keep drafting good young pick a la Juulsen.

BTW, how many first line C has been traded yet, even how many second line C has been traded yet ?

Petry right now is a very solid addition to our line-up and i expect the habs to be at the top of the east for next year even tho MB stay put his team is way better right now than it was on opening day last season. The habs keep getting better each year since MB is there and they keep having more and more assets with key drafting and trading despite what every negative fans are saying here

HabsDieHard*

I don't know why people are so concerned about the potential of Parenteau being in the top 6.

Last I checked he isn't holding back a single player from being an impact player on this team.

Desharnais is the problem. He always has been and he always will be.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Yeah July 1st will be the worst July 1st ever. Poor ass TV networks covering this, the talking heads will stick their thumb up their tokus waiting for the likes of Manny Malhotra to catch on somewhere.

Doubly true since lots of trades happened during the draft.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Do us all a favor Bergy, grab your hermes socks and GTFO.

j4aSze1.gif

****ing DD, ****ing PAP, ****ing fat DSP, ****ing GIBBY ughhhhh :shakehead

sorry guys but i'm so mad.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Bergevin's roster when he came in :

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Erik Cole
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Brian Gionta
Mathieu Darche - Travis Moen - Scott Gomez

Andrei Markov - PK Subban
Alexei Emelin - Josh Gorges
Hall Gill - Raphael Diaz
Kaberle

Bergevin's roster 4 years later :

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - (P.A. Parenteau)
(DLR) - Lars Eller - (DSP)
(Prust) - (Mitchell) - (Weise)

Andrei Markov - PK Subban
Alexei Emelin - (Jeff Petry)
Beaulieu - (Gilbert)

He solidified our Defense and our 4th line. For the rest..... eh boy!
We didn't have Galchenyuk when he started here. But apart from that yeah...hasn't done much for the team.

HabsDieHard*

We have the same team who's got 110points last year + Petry and Mitchell (HUGE upgrade on Malhotra) for all season.

We can expect Galchenyuk and Gallagher to bring more offense and we can also expect one of Hudon/Scherbak/McCarron to be a part of this team.

WHAT is the urgency to gave those assets?? At the moment, we have to keep developping our young players (don't tell me, but we suck so bad at it, bla bla bla, cause this is only sounding biased) and keep drafting good young pick a la Juulsen.

BTW, how many first line C has been traded yet, even how many second line C has been traded yet ?

Petry right now is a very solid addition to our line-up and i expect the habs to be at the top of the east for next year even tho MB stay put his team his way better right now than it was on opening day last season. The habs keep getting better each year since MB is there and they keep having more and more assets with key drafting and trading despite what every negative fans are saying here

The Habs' top 6 is the softest and most pathetic out of any potential playoff team.

Carey turns 28 this year, and no elite NHL'er is elite forever and nowhere is that more true than in nets.

Markov is another year older.

And the Canadiens do NOT keep getting better every year.

Go and look at the countless team statistics.

PRICE gets better every year.

This teams' play has regressed badly since the lockout year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I will officially choose to believe that what he means is...."We are ****ed. Last year was NOT a transition year...we are actually in a transition ERA. We have bad contracts we can,t do **** with. Our players hold no value.

HabsDieHard*

We didn't have Galchenyuk when he started here. But apart from that yeah...hasn't done much for the team.

Yeah but how much credit does he deserve for drafting him 3rd overall?

Especially considering the entire organization prattled on about him being a center for 3 years and he's further away from that goal today than he was the day he was drafted.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
I'll barely watch until the playoffs next year if nothing's done about the top 6.
Same here. Haven't been 'entertained' by our team for years now. They've gotten decent results along the way, but our style of hockey, and our players are so vanilla.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I don't understand why anyone takes what he says to heart, when he usually turns around and does the opposite. He never lets on as to what his plan is, why would he start now?
yeah, I don't know how people haven't picked up on this by now. more fun to be a Negative Nelly on these boards, I guess.

Bergevin is not the problem on this team

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It's even worst than before. Before he was saying empty phrases like "We always work to improve our team". Now it's "We're confortable with the team we have". :laugh:
BargainBin! You guys gotta learn to accept the term.

It sounds delusional, but it's also his style to be mum on potential moves.
Truthfully, I'd love to skewer him but he's never been one to leak out his plans so I don't have any reaction to these tweets.

It all depends on his (in)activity from now until mid-July. But given that he defended Therrien and Lefebvre so boldly, for their results and process respectively, and now he's again saying he's happy with the team and is leaning back on Da Record and the acquisition of a 4th line C and a #3 d-man as his bargain bin pickups. It a bit worrisome, no? We still have Weise and DD in our top6.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah but how much credit does he deserve for drafting him 3rd overall?

Especially considering the entire organization prattled on about him being a center for 3 years and he's further away from that goal today than he was the day he was drafted.
Not giving Bergevin credit for the pick. Just saying we didn't have him when Bergevin took over the team.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.

Yeah but he was drafted by Timmins, 3 weeks (or so) after bergevin was hired. I dont think Bergevin came in and said : << Timmins what you did last year, scratch all that and pick those guys. >>

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He was the choice of Timmins (and the result of the previous administration failure) and Timmins was hired by previous administration.

MB has nothing to do with AG presence in the club.

MB had a rough year in 2014-2015. Looks like next year will not be better.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Do us all a favor Bergy, grab your hermes socks and GTFO.

****ing DD, ****ing PAP, ****ing fat DSP, ****ing GIBBY ughhhhh :shakehead

sorry guys but i'm so mad.

Hermès?! His style is Le Chateau or H&M, at best.

He wore a light-blue shirt last night, ffs.

HabsDieHard*

yeah, I don't know how people haven't picked up on this by now. more fun to be a Negative Nelly on these boards, I guess.

Bergevin is not the problem on this team

Is this the part where you blame the coach he hired, extended, and scolded the media and fans for having the audacity to question his work to date? :laugh:

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah but he was drafted by Timmins, 3 weeks (or so) after bergevin was hired. I dont think Bergevin came in and said : << Timmins what you did last year, scratch all that and pick those guys. >>

Third overall pick, nobody getting credit for making that pick. Except maybe Gauthier for not trading the pick in desperation.

He was the choice of Timmins (and the result of the previous administration failure) and Timmins was hired by previous administration.

MB has nothing to do with AG presence in the club.

MB had a rough year in 2014-2015. Looks like next year will not be better.

#42:

"Not giving Bergevin credit for the pick. Just saying we didn't have him when Bergevin took over the team."

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If he is honestly happy with this ****ty top 6 and is prepared to go into next season without making any moves I'm about ready to hope on the fire Bergevin bandwagon.

What delusion. Completely blind to the fact that his coach has no clue and that Carey Price is the entire team.

HabsDieHard*

Third overall pick, nobody getting credit for making that pick. Except maybe Gauthier for not trading the pick in desperation.

Funny thing is that Gauthier did the exact opposite of be desperate.

He made 2 very shrewd trades that netted the team 2 high bonus 2nd round picks.

I might dare say that in 2011/2012 before being fired Pierre Gauthier displayed far more proactive behaviour than Bergevin has at any point to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad