Confirmed with Link: Bergevin and Molson to hold press conference 4 pm Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
IMO, Molson wouldn't do it alone if he wasn't naming someone to a position, fire someone or stepping down.

If it was simply to talk about the season, doing it twice seems pointless.

I'm thinking the same. If he's doing this, there has to be an announcement of significance behind it. Logically, it would concern him no longer being directly responsible for MB. However, doesn't mean he'll be totally out of the picture either.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
An alumni coming in as VPHO..

Roy?

It would be nuts to have Roy as VPHO or PHO (esp. on account of a likely incompatibility with Bergevin) however it would be better than not having anyone named.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I bet they prepared for this PC last October.. Actually.. Maybe not since MB can't evaluate this team properly. He probably still think the team he built was a good team and the defense was improved but injuries to his great acquisitions in Schlemko and Hemsky ruined his masterplan.

I'll try my best to not punch my TV hearing MB blaming everyone but him and all the shitty excuse coming out of his mouth. I've never hated someone in the organization of the Habs as much as MB. Full of himself, arrogant and f***ing incompetent.

They probably already hand out the questions to the journalists anyways. Nothing interesting will come out of these PC. Just some damage control and giving hope for the innocent fans that there's a master plan coming.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In before Roy is hired as the President of Hockey Ops and this entire thing goes crashing off the rails into a dimension of failure, frustration, and embarrassment previously not thought to be possible.

Ya'll thought tonight was the end. Lol. Cute.

Buckle up. This summer is only the beginning.

If Roy is hired, it's going to have the makings of a reality show. They'd better have a full-time handyman on staff and lots of folding chairs and prop break-away furniture.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
If Roy is hired, it's going to have the makings of a reality show. They'd better have a full-time handyman on staff and lots of folding chairs and prop break-away furniture.

As has been mentioned in this thread already, it doesn't make sense for Molson to have his own end of year presser unless there is some sort of hockey ops related announcement. I'm sure Molson has surmised that the only way he can possibly survive a public relations stunt like giving Marc Bergevin another shot, is to actually make a significant move that will make it seem like they are being proactive about improving the club.

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is going to be true. With the rumors surfacing about Molson meeting with Roy a month ago, now the separate press conferences....

I think Molson is actually going to hire Roy lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
An alumni coming in as VPHO..

Roy?

I don't imagine there might be a Joel Bouchard announcement, his team is in the playoffs.

However, interesting item by Stormin' Norman:

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009

Not really on board with Roy hiring... I'd be in favor of someone more ''sober'' in his approach/personality like Quintal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As has been mentioned in this thread already, it doesn't make sense for Molson to have his own end of year presser unless there is some sort of hockey ops related announcement. I'm sure Molson has surmised that the only way he can possibly survive a public relations stunt like giving Marc Bergevin another shot, is to actually make a significant move that will make it seem like they are being proactive about improving the club.

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is going to be true. With the rumors surfacing about Molson meeting with Roy a month ago, now the separate press conferences....

I think Molson is actually going to hire Roy lol.

Geoff probably had his fill of getting mobbed at every one of his corporate and community events by reporters hounding him about how poorly the team was doing and what he's planning to do about it. He should have moved a long time ago by appointing a hockey guy in a hockey ops senior position and stay in the game only in respect of owner-related meetings and decision-making.

By naming someone, he can concentrate on what he's best at, which looks to be all the other core businesses of the Molson group. Naming someone will allow him to get through his prepared speeches with a lot less interruption.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not really on board with Roy hiring... I'd be in favor of someone more ''sober'' in his approach/personality like Quintal.

Just heard Quintal say that he's not looking to take on any job that would require him to work far away from his home. And I can't imagine that if someone is named VPHO, that travel won't be part of the job.

I'm not a Roy fan either but between the status quo and naming Roy, I'll take the latter. Bergevin has to be protected against himself, he has too much power and is micromanaging the team in his own image. It's counterproductive. Plus, Roy's mandate doesn't need to be a long-term commitment.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Just heard Quintal say that he's not looking to take on any job that would require him to work far away from his home. And I can't imagine that if someone is named VPHO, that travel won't be part of the job.

I'm not a Roy fan either but between the status quo and naming Roy, I'll take the latter. Bergevin has to be protected against himself, he has too much power and is micromanaging the team in his own image. It's counterproductive. Plus, Roy's mandate doesn't need to be a long-term commitment.

Exactly:

The Alzner signing, not trading Shaw at the deadline, letting Radulov and Markov walk, etc.. are all recent moves. He's learned nothing from his past mistakes. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I think Roy in a Shanahan-like mandate would've been useful after 2015-2016. Now it's pretty clear that this is a country club that needs to be blown the f*** apart, the scary thing is the owner/PHO seems to have a foot in it.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
This season was absolute disaster in many ways and 2nd consecutive season without playoffs. This can not be acceptable in Montreal Canadiens. And now GM and owner are going to keep separate pressers? WTF? There should be only one presser where Bergevin gets boot.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Bergevin will not last another season if Roy is his boss. Won't happen. That is a positive when looking at it at the surface.

But at what cost though? Jettisoning one terrible leader only to have a potentially worse one take his place? If you thought getting Bergevin fired was hard, wait until you want to get a PHO fired... the higher you go up the hierarchy, the harder it is to get someone fired. If Roy turns out to be a massive detriment to the team, the destruction could be far reaching and could last a decade at least.

I'm all in favor of hiring a PHO, but I really don't think Roy is the right man for the job.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Exactly:

The Alzner signing, not trading Shaw at the deadline, letting Radulov and Markov walk, etc.. are all recent moves. He's learned nothing from his past mistakes. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Plus we're heading into a treasure trove of draft picks in one of the better drafts since Bergevin's tenure began. We can't afford having Bergevin be the ultimate decision-maker on all of these critical picks.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Plus we're heading into a treasure trove of draft picks in one of the better drafts since Bergevin's tenure began. We can't afford having Bergevin be the ultimate decision-maker on all of these critical picks.

At the end of the day, if we still suck next year, I see Molson acting. The longest Bergevin will be making the decisions will be until the end of the year next year, in which case he'd be fired the moment the season ends, as Vignault was this evening.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This season was absolute disaster in many ways and 2nd consecutive season without playoffs. This can not be acceptable in Montreal Canadiens. And now GM and owner are going to keep separate pressers? WTF? There should be only one presser where Bergevin gets boot.

It's all part of Molson's continuing image as a beta who is procrastinating urgent decisions. Wait a bit, in case it gets better. Wait some more. He's inched his way to where we are now and with these absurd split pressers, it's like he's trying to salvage something.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Option #1: Molson hire a new competent President.
Option #2: Molson will apologize to fans and offer a new condo/ticket package.
Option #3: Molson puts a discount on beers at the bell center.

Let's be honest It's #2 folks.

Reactions: Harry22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad