Confirmed with Link: Bergevin and Molson to hold press conference 4 pm Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I was just making a joke about the 3 stooges "Who's on first routine" since the Habs management team are full of them. :) Not sure what's going on with these PC's or who will be there. Should be an interesting few days.

Well I was making a funny as well. Three Stooges. MB, Molson. Missing one. CJ.

Reactions: sheed36

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The news about the split presser is apparently coming from Renaud Lavoie but he hasn't tweeted anything about it.

A random twitter user is ascribing the news to him, but without a link:

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well I was making a funny as well. Three Stooges. MB, Molson. Missing one. CJ.

There's many more to choose from in management or the AHL. Sly would be a candidate for sure. :)

Imagine the Habs firing JJD and hiring Sly as the new D coach. Oh boy.. This place would explode. :nod: That won't happen right? Right guys?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Vignault just fired. If there were more firings, maybe Geof the sheep would be caning Bergevin.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The news about the split presser is apparently coming from Renaud Lavoie but he hasn't tweeted anything about it.

A random twitter user is ascribing the news to him, but without a link:

MB firing a bunch of his buddies and feeding us a huge pile of BS. Then Molson will fire himself as president and hire someone else.

Reactions: Runner77

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Are you all ready for the "We can rebound next year...see what the Colorado Avalanche did...they are in the playoffs"....Something that he would not have mentioned if the AVS would have lose in Game 82....

Too bad we don't have anything close to Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog or even an excellent point producing D in Barrie.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Fans should storm the pressers and fill the room with people. Then maybe we can get some answers to the real questions and not have reporters ask "how do you like your eggs cooked?" anymore.

This is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a while

The last thing i want to hear, believe it or not, is Gino from Saint Lazare showing how little he really knows or how tasteless a person can be

Last edited:

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Geoff doesn't want to sit beside Bergervin because he doesn't want to take any blames. Smart business move and it is an excuse to not take responsibility.

This means Bergervin is on a short leash and probably will be fired after 10 games next season if the team continues to suck.
I expect the assistant coaches to go first this summer much like a few years ago when we fired Perry Pearn to shake up the team. Expect JJ Dagneault and Dan Lacroix to be fired. Not sure about Kirk Muller.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Are you all ready for the "We can rebound next year...see what the Colorado Avalanche did...they are in the playoffs"....Something that he would not have mentioned if the AVS would have lose in Game 82....

Yep....and I also guarantee he'll also bring up, "Look at the other teams that were expected to be good, but weren't....like Chicago and Edmonton".
I'm not worried about other teams, just this steaming pile of turd.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Dang-Nuts and Lacroix fired with the Habs team. Lefebvre given the boot and Muller re-assigned as head coach for laval, where he will secretly take French classes away from the Montreal limelight as he prepares to dethrone Julien by grooming the team's future?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Dang-Nuts and Lacroix fired with the Habs team. Lefebvre given the boot and Muller re-assigned as head coach for laval, where he will secretly take French classes away from the Montreal limelight as he prepares to dethrone Julien by grooming the team's future?
I wouldn't have any issues with Muller coaching Laval. I doubt he has any interest in that though.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Fans should storm the pressers and fill the room with people. Then maybe we can get some answers to the real questions and not have reporters ask "how do you like your eggs cooked?" anymore.
Can we convince Connor mcgregor that mb insulted him and pissed on the Irish flag?.

Reactions: Habs13

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Geoff doesn't want to sit beside Bergervin because he doesn't want to take any blames. Smart business move and it is an excuse to not take responsibility.

This means Bergervin is on a short leash and probably will be fired after 10 games next season if the team continues to suck.
I expect the assistant coaches to go first this summer much like a few years ago when we fired Perry Pearn to shake up the team. Expect JJ Dagneault and Dan Lacroix to be fired. Not sure about Kirk Muller.
I've never understood that logic. If the GM is on a short enough leash that another 10 or so games is going to make a difference then he should already be fired. Its absolutely ludicrous.

If Molson isn't sure whether or not Bergevin should be fired he should hire an independent consultant to evaluate our hockey ops. He won't be unsure after that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

While optics are no doubt important to an organization obsessed with its own image, could the split conferences merely take place without a substantive reason or announcement behind them?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hey look Geof, the Rangers missed the playoffs and fired Vignault. Hint, hint. (and I don't mean go hire Vignault).

Reactions: ottawa

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
While optics are no doubt important to an organization obsessed with its own image, could the split conferences merely take place without a substantive reason or announcement behind them?

IMO, Molson wouldn't do it alone if he wasn't naming someone to a position, fire someone or stepping down.

If it was simply to talk about the season, doing it twice seems pointless.

Reactions: ottawa and Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad