Bergeron was the one who hurt Ovechkin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
awesome` said:
You're Terry Ryan was almost funny the first time you said it. Now, about every post I see that you're making about the Habs either have 'Terry Ryan' or 'Mike Ribeiro' in it. It's about as unfunny as it can get. I wouldn't go as far as saying that's it's as annoying as Reilly or wilka or Foppa_Rules, but it's sure damn annoying.

We can all enjoy a good laugh about our own prospects. But for us to laugh, it'd need to be at least somewhat funny in the first place.

why don't we get back to discussing how overrated komisarek is? :)

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I'm not proud or happy that he got an injury at all, and I don't think most Canadians are....when you play against the best, you want to beat the best, not injure them...I didn't see a single incident of any player deliberately trying to injure him...and as for the trash talking, it looked like the talk was going from both AO and the Canadians...forgetting about the rest of the tournament, Ovechkin is Russia's best player and the Canadians developed a strategy to try and contain him and it worked...it has nothing to do with Ovechkin's pain tolerance, or whether he was faking it, or what any Canadian player said to him, etc. etc...on this particular night, he and his team got beat by a better team, end of story...within a couple years Ovechkin will be like Kovalchuk and be playing with the Capitals with some Canadian or American player and all will be forgotten (as long as the taunting is kept to appropriate times) ;)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
U Canadian guys are really proud that ovy get an injury.... :shakehead

Ovechkin as they say made the bed he sleeps in. he brought this all about himself with his antics in the USA game. The Canadian team sent a message to him right away that that kind of stuff was not going to be tollerated. No one wants to see anyone getting hurt but who was to say that Ovechkin wasn't embelshing the injury? the Russians have been known to do it in the past.
As far as Canadian guys being proud of that i wonder what Russian fans think about the taunting and the showboating in the US game when the game was out of hand?
Like i said before no one wants anyone to get hurt or likes anyone to get hurt, but someone better pull these guys aside and tell them that those antics are not acceptable in the North America game. It might be in Europe, but not here.
that being said
THANK YOU CANADA

Abitbol

le plus classe
Mar 29, 2002
img186.imageshack.us
I tried my best to find a picture of Ovechkin crying, and I have found one, tho it's in my Montreal Gazette Newspaper. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, I even registered to www.montrealgazette.com to see if they had the same article with the same picture, but the picture is replaced on the website by a internet ad!!

Anyways, if anybody has a scanner , you can buy the Gazette and scan Ovechkin crying!

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
Ovechkin as they say made the bed he sleeps in. he brought this all about himself with his antics in the USA game. The Canadian team sent a message to him right away that that kind of stuff was not going to be tollerated. No one wants to see anyone getting hurt but who was to say that Ovechkin wasn't embelshing the injury? the Russians have been known to do it in the past.
As far as Canadian guys being proud of that i wonder what Russian fans think about the taunting and the showboating in the US game when the game was out of hand?
Like i said before no one wants anyone to get hurt or likes anyone to get hurt, but someone better pull these guys aside and tell them that those antics are not acceptable in the North America game. It might be in Europe, but not here.
that being said
THANK YOU CANADA

One question.... What would you do if somebody (on the streets) will taunt you? Hurt him?

I understand it's hockey and everything... But I am sure it was more of attempt to make AO less effective and less dangerous than sending a message. Best players on the other team are usually being targeted, no?

And please..please don't make European hockey "bad" and NA hockey "good" , you don't know what is acceptable/ not acceptable in Europe and in North America. I've seen enough taunting in the NHL.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
HABSTRAK said:
I tried my best to find a picture of Ovechkin crying, and I have found one, tho it's in my Montreal Gazette Newspaper. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner, I even registered to www.montrealgazette.com to see if they had the same article with the same picture, but the picture is replaced on the website by a internet ad!!

Anyways, if anybody has a scanner , you can buy the Gazette and scan Ovechkin crying!

And the purpose of this is? OMG *sigh*

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
that being said
THANK YOU CANADA

Yeah Norh America...

in Europe??

that´s like every canadian n american is a moron coz bush is from north america
:lol

Don´t put europe in that debate.

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
neelynugs said:
i guess the difference being that komisarek has done nothing to deserve the hype :D (and in the distance, the crowd chants, 'terry ryan', 'terry ryan', 'terry ryan')...

Hype is hype. I wasnt trying to compare the players developments (Though Komisarek will be a solid player in my opinion). If you talk about a player enough, the hype will go up and up, some people will buy into it, while others will start hating the player... And the player will never be able to meet such high expectations.

Bergeron does deserve some of the praise, but lets be real. He's a 19 year old NHL'er who played on the top lines of a playoff team... He should be performing this well at the World Juniors.

I Hate You All*

At least Bergeron actually has skill. Who is Komisarek?

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
for the record, it was the play where Ovechkin tried to dance into the Canadian zone and was triple-teamed and hit by several players. Bergeron was probably the main culprit.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
For the record, more media are now reporting Russian sources that said it was the Crosby hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad