Bergeron the Selke favorite again?

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I wonder if voters might be more hesitant to give it to him due to that, and set the standards for him higher than the otherwise would.

They shouldn't. If anything they should just make it official that Bergeron is the best defensive forward in NHL history since he is.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Selke never goes to a player whose team misses the playoffs, so I feel like Kopitar and Barkov are out of the race.

Maybe Backstrom has a shot?

Bergeron won the Selke in 2015 when the Bruins missed the playoffs and he was only +2.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
maybe couturier, idk how much the voters care about it but he is used a lot more as a defensive forward, has great advanced stats on a bad team and almost won last year.

Reactions: MacBradley

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hopefully someone new wins it.

Landeskog, Stone, Crosby or Point are good options?

Crosby is usually very overrated when it comes to his D game. It's just okay.

But this year he has been a beast On the D side. Definitely Selke worthy. His advance stats support what I've been seeing too.

Winning faceoffs, takes on the best lines and usually dominates possession.

Also, he is PKing alot recently, for whatever that is worth.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Bergeron missed the entire training camp and preseason, was actually listed questionable to start the season. He went on to getting I believe 27 points in first 19 games while playing around 17 to 18 minutes a game in that span. When he got hurt he missed around 5 weeks and his first game back had 2 goals and 2 assists. He's done this while being the best defensive player on the ice and some nights best player on the ice and like it or not it's the other teams players and coaches that rave about his defence and overall game. He's the front runner Imo ainec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad