Confirmed with Link: Bergeron gets NHL 15 cover over Subban

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Bergeron had more votes for.

Not necessarily. It is clearly stated in the "rules" that EA or the sponsors have the last word on the cover boy. Votes can influence their decision but they don't have to chose the one that has the most votes.

Voting was more fore marketing than actually deciding who was going to be on the cover.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Seeing PK lose that cover to a Boston Bruin ruined the whole awards show for me. :rant::rant:

Well with Bergeron winning that and Rask winning tonight we can say that we let them have a "Moral Victory". And they also beat us in spring: i mean they were first on the golf courses. That was another moral victory we gave em.. :)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not necessarily. It is clearly stated in the "rules" that EA or the sponsors have the last word on the cover boy. Votes can influence their decision but they don't have to chose the one that has the most votes.

Voting was more fore marketing than actually deciding who was going to be on the cover.

A boston fan showed that twitter votes were by far in Bergeron's favour. There's no conspiracy here.

samsquanch9*

i wouldnt buy this POS game anyways. NBA 2k is 4000x the game

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
not a great marketing move by EA and the NHL, not that Subban would be either.

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
You are way too emotional about this video game cover contest than you should probably be.

Yeah you are probably right. I was just looking forward to a Montreal Canadiens player being on the games cover, and I expected P.K to win. I don't think a Canadiens player EVER made the cover did they?

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Not surprised Subban did not win. Be it rigged or just the the actual votes it doesn't matter. Bergeron is a great player, a model for youngsters, and a respected guy who had success in the league and has proven his usefullness as well as having done that for 2-3 years more the our favorite #76 . Subban will get his face on the cover soon enough anyways.

When you buy NHL15 (because you will, especially if you have a PS4), just imagine that Plekanec is on the cover... because he's pretty comparable to Patrice Bergeron. Appart from the non-francophone factor and face-offs efficiency but the gangsta swag would compensate.

Saintpatrick*

Yeah you are probably right. I was just looking forward to a Montreal Canadiens player being on the games cover, and I expected P.K to win. I don't think a Canadiens player EVER made the cover did they?

Never

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax

EA having the last word is about avoiding a Rory Fitzpatrick all star voting type of situation. That, or if Bergeron gets himself in trouble like in 2004 where Heatley was on the cover before his car accident, and then subsequently replaced with Sakic.

They're not going to throw out the votes and put Oshie on the cover just because.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Pk has a lot of charisma and is marketable, they missed the boat

I guess you missed the part of every NHL season where he is boo'd in every building he plays in, and generally disliked by most people. If you think that is the perfect poster boy for your video game, you should rethink things.

habscup*

I guess you missed the part of every NHL season where he is boo'd in every building he plays in, and generally disliked by most people. If you think that is the perfect poster boy for your video game, you should rethink things.

I would say a lot of fans boo Subban because its fun, not because of hate. I think most people find him entertaining to watch. Bergeron on the other hand is the boringest start player in the nhl.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
The only playing field the Bruins can ever hope to beat the Habs on: the virtual one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad