Benning vs Holland (if you could only pick 1 which would you rather have?)

Which GM would you rather have in charge next season?

• Total voters

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Which GM would you rather have moving forward.
These are the ONLY 2 choices for the sake of the Poll.

I haven't liked Hollands drafting lately, and some of his contracts
but the same could also be said for Benning.

So who would you rather have in charge?
(I think this should be a pretty close Poll)

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
You would have to be an absolute idiot to pick Benning here. You can either pick the GM that has struggled recently but built several championship teams, or the GM that has only struggled. Like, why would you pick the latter?

Also, what is with these absolutely lop sided comparisons? First Benning vs. Gillis, now Benning vs. Holland? Why the f*** are we comparing Benning to a GM that will almost certainly be inducted into the hockey hall of fame and a GM that was once awarded GM of the year?

Can we just shut down this thread. Its stupid and I feel like we are dignifying this inquiry by merely allowing its existence...

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I voted Benning because Holland hasn't been able to find any high end talent in the draft except for Larkin Lately.

I can't even think who detroits top prospect is? Rasmussen I guess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Numba9

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Which GM would you rather have moving forward.
These are the ONLY 2 choices for the sake of the Poll.

I haven't liked Hollands drafting lately, and some of his contracts
but the same could also be said for Benning.

So who would you rather have in charge?
(I think this should be a pretty close Poll)
Benning because he's not as bad as Holland's become (or lots on here believe).

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Would you rather have a pile of dog**** or a mystery box that probably has a pile of dog**** in it with a small chance that it's a plain white piece of bread?

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
As bad has benning has been holland has completely destroyed the wings with horrible contracts and seeing how owners want to win as soon as possible i wouldnt trust holland with free agency as much

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Gives me a headache thinking these are the 2 options.

Benning has made more boneheaded moves in less time, Holland has Detroit in cap hell with his signings.... maybe cheer for the Vancouver Giants until another regime moves in

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Holland. Not exactly the perfect solution but has the qualifications/experience over Benning an inept simpleton who is still learning on the job.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Choice between a kick in the crotch or a poke in the eye. I probably favour Benning, but only because there is a chance that they bring in someone to assist him with the areas he is weak - contracts, salary cap and analytics, and bolster the pro-scouting department. With Holland, he would only come here as a super executive, in charge of everything.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Holland without a doubt.

Holland has gained a reputation as one of the most successful General Managers in the NHL. Under his leadership as GM the Red Wings have won the Central Division ten times, the regular-season Conference title five times, the Presidents' Trophy four times, and the Stanley Cup three times, and won more regular-season games (789) and postseason games (118) than any other NHL team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad