Rumor: Benning has interest in re-signing Sutter and Hamonic

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
incoming storm!

Benning just said in his presser that he has spoken to Sutter and they have interest in signing him for bottom 6 role.

notes that he is an important guy in the room, good leader, etc....

He also said he has spoken to Hamonic and would like him back and have made an offer to him.

Summary:

interest in Sutter but no offer yet from Canucks
interest in Hamonic with offer made

Sutter 2 years 1.5mil?
Hamonic 2 year 1.5 mil?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If they re-sign Hamonic, it’s going to be way higher than 2x1.5 because of his usage and the fact we are desperate.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Sutter signing for anything more than $1,125,000 is a waste of cap space. I am not confident that he can earn an NHL job anymore. He might be a good fit as a leader on our AHL team though.

I would rather see us pursue someone from the unsigned RFA market. Khaira or Heinen would be good upgrades on Sutter.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Id be okay with him on the 4th line and can move up to 3rd from time to time as long as his salary reflects it. 1.5milish?

Not even. Just a total waste of a roster spot. Noticed guys like Boyd, Graovac and Hawryluk looked miles faster and better than Sutter.

Sutter may have been a solid 3rd liner 6 years ago, but the guy flat out sucks now.

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Not even. Just a total waste of a roster spot. Noticed guys like Boyd, Graovac and Hawryluk looked miles faster and better than Sutter.

Sutter may have been a solid 3rd liner 6 years ago, but the guy flat out sucks now.
Plus what do we do with the corpse of Jay Beagle?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Sutter for 1 year 1.5mil or something wouldn’t piss me off. He isn’t awful in a depth role as long as he isn’t relied upon to be the 3C.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Something, something, definition of insanity, something something.

Apply it either to my caring about this team or Benning's personnel decisions.

Sutter for Benny's Bargain Basement prices would be okay, I guess. But the problem is he isn't going to be getting a low cost contract, which will eat into salary expenditures that could be utilized elsewhere.

Like, there has to be cheaper/better options available for what Sutter will be commanding.

Reactions: timw33

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
More Holtby. More Edler. More Sutter. More Benning.

A few posters here outta pretty happy about things right now. (Puke)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad