Recalled/Assigned: Bennett to Kingston

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
smart move. another year in jr. next season would be wise as well. It takes more than 4-6 months to fully recover from shoulder surgery.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
smart move. another year in jr. next season would be wise as well. It takes more than 4-6 months to fully recover from shoulder surgery.

Don't know about the bolded. Personally I'd be very surprised to see Sam in juniors again next season. He'll get every opportunity to make the team out of camp, and I think he has a very good chance of making the squad.

Another year in junior wouldn't be the end of the world though.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
G6ZF9.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Depending when he travels he could theoretically be in the lineup tonight for Kingston against Hunter Smith and the Oshawa Generals. If not then Kingston plays Sunday against Saginaw and Wednesday against Belleville.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I want him to be overcooked and possibly play in Kingston again next year but if he makes a strong case for himself come training camp, I'd still be pretty excited just to see him play.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think he was referring to Hunter Smith.
Yep, sure was talking about Smith.

Also to the posters asking about his AHL eligibility, Smith will be eligible since he was born in 1995 or later. He was in his 2nd draft eligible year.

It's funny seeing someone questioning me on AHL eligibility though, since I'm the one always correcting people on the subject. :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yep, sure was talking about Smith.

Also to the posters asking about his AHL eligibility, Smith will be eligible since he was born in 1995 or later. He was in his 2nd draft eligible year.

It's funny seeing someone questioning me on AHL eligibility though, since I'm the one always correcting people on the subject. :laugh:

Ah now, you've been wrong before. Remember the Boston game, AF. Always remember. ;)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I'm excited to see if he can turn Kingston into a contender over night.

I would love to see them play the otters in the playoffs and see Sam shut down #97

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good. Was the right move. It'd be both unfair to Bennett and the other prospects in the system to throw him into the NHL now. It's good to have a management that's farsighted.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I love that he didn't take this well. He took it professionally; but you know he wasn't happy.

This guy will be our first line center in 2 years; he's got that much drive and potential. He might be the best player to come out of last years draft; and we know how good Eks been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad