Injury Report: Bennett on IR, per NHL Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
tweet.png

*weeps*

Reactions: harv33173

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Hope Bennett's injury isn't too serious. Until he gets back, move Lundell up to 2C and Luostarinen up to 3C. Reinhart looks better on the wing.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Could be retroactive to his injury date (minimum out 7 days from retroactive date) to free up a roster spot while he's out to get a replacement onto the roster. It's promising that he's not on LTIR (minimum out 10 games or 30 calendar days), for now.

-concerned fantasty owner of Sam Bennett

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Could be retroactive to his injury date (minimum out 7 days from retroactive date) to free up a roster spot while he's out to get a replacement onto the roster. It's promising that he's not on LTIR (minimum out 10 games or 30 calendar days), for now.

-concerned fantasty owner of Sam Bennett
Yeah this is a paper move and he’s still eligible to come back any day. Similar to Lundell being placed on IR last week. No reason to believe he’s not still day to day as Brunette said this morning. I’d bet he travels with the team this week

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah this is a paper move and he’s still eligible to come back any day. Similar to Lundell being placed on IR last week. No reason to believe he’s not still day to day as Brunette said this morning. I’d bet he travels with the team this week

For sure, the only time to get worried is A) when they are unable to say day-to-day or week-to-week about a timeline for recovery and B) when put on LTIR. There's so many little roster transactions on a daily basis that don't really mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

Anyways, hope that he's been able to take advantage of this slow part of the schedule and can get back to his partnership with Huberdeau next week :D

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
And Bob?

Would much prefer to go with Bob and Spence into B2B games, they are performing so well currently. And Spence cannot and should not play both games. Should Gibson get a shot and we let Bob rest during the full roadtrip?
Why can't Spencer play back-to-backs? He isn't playing at a Vezina level, but he looks like a solid NHL goaltender.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Why can't Spencer play back-to-backs? He isn't playing at a Vezina level, but he looks like a solid NHL goaltender.
I guess every goalie technically "can" play B2Bs. Not linked to capabilities at all, but to endurance. So they should not.

Cannot remember to have ever seen a goalie play B2Bs - I'm sure there are some cases and some stats nut will find the evidence ;) but it is definitely the exception, not the rule, especially when the first game goes to OT and the goalie got peppered throughout the whole game...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I guess every goalie technically "can" play B2Bs. Not linked to capabilities at all, but to endurance. So they should not.

Cannot remember to have ever seen a goalie play B2Bs - I'm sure there are some cases and some stats nut will find the evidence ;) but it is definitely the exception, not the rule, especially when the first game goes to OT and the goalie got peppered throughout the whole game...

Tomas Vokoun was an expert at it.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Analytics show a performance drop off when goalies play back to back.

But I think health preservation is just as if not more important here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad