NFL: Bengals fire DC Teryl Austin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was once a head coach candidate with the Lions, now fired mid-season in year 1 in Cincinnati

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Not only that, but.....

I realize defense is his specialty, but the fact that he has been given MORE responsibility instead of the firing that has been due for almost a decade now is beyond comical. Never change, Bungles!

It's just truly baffling how long this has been going on. 15 full seasons without a single playoff win... At what point do they just change their team motto to "Mediocrity is enough for us"

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I mean, Hue Jackson was a pretty damn good o-coordinator with the Bengals.

Unless he's stupid enough to try yet another power grab, this should be okay.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He took over an offense that Gruden left him which was among top scoring in league and regressed big time the next year. He then had a good year 2 and got HC job

Andy Dalton had the best and worst seasons of his career under Hue and was already an established QB under Gruden so this Hue as a QB Guru never made sense to me. Though even then they had Dalton managing games of 2nd best D his good year under Hue so is that really a credit to Hue? With Gruden and a more aggressive offense in pass attack would that not have potentially been what Bengals needed at time they fielded best D of Lewis time in Cincy?

Hell we saw in Oakland that Palmer played some of the worst football of his career under Hue and well the Browns speak volumes on how Hue cant develop QB or even has eye for QB since he apparently told Browns he wasn't high on several including Wentz at drafts

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Looking forward to the 2019 or 2020 Bengals with Marvin Lewis as GM and Hue Jackson as HC.

member 157595

Somebody had to fall on the sword. I've never seen a team more unwilling to tackle at times than the Bengals this year. Thats on the players.

The front office certainly doesn't care so why should the players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad