Waived: Ben Smith [Claimed by TOR]

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He didn't really provide much outside of a Duchene concussion scare. I have a feeling Avs aren't that bothered by losing his one way contract.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Good for him. Sucks for us. What if Mitchell goes down again? I sure hope Compher is ready if/when that time comes.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs can find another Ben Smith on waivers later in the year if they ever need to. All this does is hurt San Antonio a little bit, not the Avs. Wagner was a bigger loss last year to waivers. He at least brought some physicality and energy that could create momentum, rather than just another warm body going through the motions, contributing very little offensively or defensively.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sucks for the Rampage but we'll be able to find a Ben Smith again if we need one. I'm glad I don't have to watch him anymore.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I would have liked for him to pass through. He's been somewhat disappointing so far but I've really liked his game in seasons past. Would have been a nice depth option to have as our first call up but it's not that big of a deal.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Regardless of 1-way or 2-way, it opens a contract spot, right?
(even though we have sufficient room there...)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So strange. They still don't have a spot for Seth Griffith...why make a claim for Smith? I guess once Michalek clears they can put Griffith in and Smith is the extra. Still a rather curious move.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He didn't really provide much outside of a Duchene concussion scare. I have a feeling Avs aren't that bothered by losing his one way contract.

There was also the knee on knee scare in his collision with G Bourque last game too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah I have a feeling they're quite fine with losing that contract/salary, especially given how well the Bourques and farmhands played in camp/preseason.

Personally I think Smith was insurance for not finding a good PTO guy. He was signed really late in the summer in mid August. Then they signed two PTO's who are both better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad