Waived: Ben Smith [Claimed by TOR]

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Getting Mitchell back and adding Rants to our top six makes our lineup look significantly better.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Smith is basically an overclocked Cliche, operating at 110% speed.

Can't really do much at the NHL level.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Mitchell isn't/wasn't on IR.

He has got to be back. We need at least one real center in the bottom 6.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, what's the standard when a player is waived? Like, how does the League & other teams get notified? Can a team do it on the hush, hush?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Guys, what's the standard when a player is waived? Like, how does the League & other teams get notified? Can a team do it on the hush, hush?

No, all waivers are announced at noon eastern. There's some league database and the NHL media who has access to it tweets who is on it every day. I'm sure the teams have access to it too.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver

I would have to assume the league has some sort of Intranet with all of this that is accessible to the appropriate members of each team.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Holy ****, the Leafs claimed Smith.

No offense to Ben Smith, but thank you Toronto, well at least for the time being. Now there is no temptation to play a guy that clearly isn't NHL caliber. Now we can insert Rantanen into the lineup and push everyone down. Plus it sounds as if Mitchell is close too.

Hopefully this weekend we see:

Landeskog-MacK-Rantanen
Grigorenko-Soderberg-Duchene
Colborne-Mitchell-Comeau
Martinsen-Bourque-Iginla (the coaching staff can't be blind, he has been terrible)

That's a much better lineup top to bottom without McCleod and Smith.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
No offense to Ben Smith, but thank you Toronto, well at least for the time being. Now there is no temptation to play a guy that clearly isn't NHL caliber. Now we can insert Rantanen into the lineup and push everyone down. Plus it sounds as if Mitchell is close too.

Hopefully this weekend we see:

Landeskog-MacK-Rantanen
Grigorenko-Soderberg-Duchene
Colborne-Mitchell-Comeau
Martinsen-Bourque-Iginla (the coaching staff can't be blind, he has been terrible)

That's a much better lineup top to bottom without McCleod and Smith.

More or less what I want. The thing I want most is Iginla out of the top 6.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Surprised Toronto claimed him, but I'm okay with it. Avs will have their chance to get him back at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad