Speculation: Ben Scrivens

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
im not posting to continue the "lets bash dubnyk" parade because he was a good guy. im glad he's gone now and that's all im going to say about it.

here is my question:

if we had started the year with our current two goalies, what would our record be right now and where would that put us in the standings?

My prediction: we'd be about 10 points higher.

25-28-7 = 57 points

7 points out of a playoff spot with 22 games left. In other words, about where we should be given last season's "improvements".

agree/disagree?

Haha to think that Dubnyk could be even worse, even with Shea Weber in front?

2013-2014 Oilers 32 11 17 - 2 2 94 885 .894 3.36 1,678

2013-2014 Predators 2 0 1 - 1 0 9 60 .850 4.35 124

:laugh:

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Hasn't he not played basically since the deal happened?

After he blew the last game he played I don't think he will see the ice again with Nashville unless they have no choice. Even on back to backs Trotz has been playing Hutton in both....

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
im not posting to continue the "lets bash dubnyk" parade because he was a good guy. im glad he's gone now and that's all im going to say about it.

Your statement pretty much sums up the biggest problem with the Oilers.

Too much favouritism and not enough rational decision making by management.

Doobie was a good guy so he got a contract for too long a term and for too much money. They stuck with him for too long because he is a good guy.

Smith and Buchy are still employed as assistants with the team because they are good guys.

Isn't a b*stard who wins better than a good guy who loses?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
TcIxNYC.jpg

Scrivens is a metal head?!?! He just became a keeper in my books.

THE WAR.....
.........INSIDE MY HEAD!!!!!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
disagree he has been very solid for us and the 2nd best goalie we have had here this season. hes also a vet and the team seems to really like him. 2 yrs would be great as a back up plan if scrivy gets hurt or comes back to earth
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had to laugh at this, nothing against Bryz, but the statement is funny.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

here is my question:

if we had started the year with our current two goalies, what would our record be right now and where would that put us in the standings?

My prediction: we'd be about 10 points higher.

25-28-7 = 57 points

7 points out of a playoff spot with 22 games left. In other words, about where we should be given last season's "improvements".

agree/disagree?
It's really tough to say, because after the horrid goaltending this club got the team went into a pretty bad funk. In the first 17 games we outshot the opponents 10 times and tied once. Have we even outshot the opponents 10 times since that?

I really don't know how much better we'd be, but any amount of better would be better in my books.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
You have to think he might want to stay in a place that he has a job, as opposed to where he might have to earn a job.

Yup. I think his career goal right now is to establish himself as a starter somewhere, and here is one of the few places in the league he gets the first crack at locking down the #1 job.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That was a fantastic read. Look like a well-rounded couple.

Get him signed!

Yea that's what I've read.

She'll go wherever Ben goes and not complain since she realizes its part of his life/career.

Hopefully she's a realist and realize Ben's best opportunity to be a starter is here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yea that's what I've read.

She'll go wherever Ben goes and not complain since she realizes its part of his life/career.

Hopefully she's a realist and realize Ben's best opportunity to be a starter is here.

Get him signed before the draft, 3 years x 3 mill.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Ben Scrivens will sign in Edmonton as readily as anywhere else. Lots of young stars, and the future COULD be quite bright if the right catalyst is found. I think young talent can be pretty seductive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad