Speculation: Ben Scrivens

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Lets see how he plays out the year before we anoint him our starter for the next decade shall we? All he has ever been is a back-up. It would be absurd to go into the season banking on Scrivens being your Number 1 goalie. He has 19 starts this year for goodness sake. Does anyone really think these sort of numbers are sustainable? Especially on a team like the Oilers.

I know he wouldn't have the same save % if he played on the Oilers from the start, but I think he's done everything you can ask of a number 1 goalie. There's very very few goalies in the NHL right now that could save this team. With an improved defensive team I think Scrivens is everything the Oilers could ask for in a goalie.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
They need to trade him before he gets Oilerized. Damn spellchecker doesn`t recognise that word, wth?

He has way more value than a 3rd rounder right now to a playoff team and he`s a ****in moron if he signs up for more of the same abuse he just got in the last two games.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Trouble with the Oilers is their overall system is poor. They don't check very well or set up plays very well against good teams. No goalie can save this team from themselves until they improve their hockey IQ and effort.

Sloth Slothersons*

I'd sign him to an 7 year 63 million dollar contract right now.

Empros*

TcIxNYC.jpg

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Dwayne roloson was quiet? Not in any of the games I watched. He was the worst for *****ing to the refs of any goalie I have seen.

Dwyane Roloson was not quiet. He was one of the loudest goalies I've ever seen play in Edmonton. It's one of things i've heard about Scrivens that reminds me of Rolo.

Rolo behind the play would smack his stick on the ice to root his team on constantly. Direct his defenseman very actively during games. Knew every trick in the game to slow the play down in his own end: have his mask "knocked off", fake an injury, go into a lengthy discussion with the refs at every opportunity. I heard he was pretty vocal in the dressing room as well.

I heard when his game was in a funk he used to go get and get absolutely hammered to try and fix it. Not related to anything but always sounded pretty funny to me.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
they both have that creepy look to them also

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
BfvXlgpIgAA94kK.jpg

Here's another one of Ben after the gig with Enslaved and Amon Amarth in NYC. My pal in the Rangers shirt next to Scrivens. Those damn rockstars...

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Dwayne roloson was quiet? Not in any of the games I watched. He was the worst for *****ing to the refs of any goalie I have seen.

Yup. I think the refs knew it was how he stayed in games. He was ALWAYS talking to refs and dmen...sometimes fired up...sometimes just yapping neutrally.
I think for the officials, if the guy is always talking you can accept the b******* because it just involvesthe flow of thoughts. If the person only complains its a big difference. I think roli was just more animated when *****ing but it was never theatrics like cujo. Roli just never shut up, positive or negative.

Goalies are a weird breed.

Probably has a lot to do with being on your own for most of the game.

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
His demeanor is somebody trying not to get carried away with things, not to get too high, too low, and to remain in the right area of focus. This is very much who this player is. Very focused and not letting things be distractions. He's here, he's a pro, and his commitment is to be the best he can be in net. Theres plenty of time for the talk, and contracts and offers and stuff when the games aren't happening.

Right now he wants a job and to show himself in the best light. He's awesomesauce, he's here.

Stop worrying.:D

I agree. He seems like the consummate professional. One of many distractions.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
a big part off Scriven`s recent success has been the goaltenders coach in LA fixing a technical error in his stance. His glove hand was trned in and held too close to his body. This left a large area of the net open and he had to compensate

Scrivens-for-Interview-4.jpg

the LA coach fixed this and the resulot is that he has been a much better goaltender since. Hus current save % is not sustainable but it is easy to imagine he will be a good goaltender.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
a big part off Scriven`s recent success has been the goaltenders coach in LA fixing a technical error in his stance. His glove hand was trned in and held too close to his body. This left a large area of the net open and he had to compensate

the LA coach fixed this and the resulot is that he has been a much better goaltender since. Hus current save % is not sustainable but it is easy to imagine he will be a good goaltender.

What the hell did he think he was playing, ball hockey?:laugh:

Oilerzfan

Feb 5, 2014
Edmonton
Can we get this guy an extension already?

If anyone would have told me that we'd pick up a goalie for a 3rd, and he would IMPROVE his Sv % and GAA when playing with us (as well as not having a losing record)...I would have laughed my ass off.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I wonder how much he is going to end up getting..

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Bill Ranford fixed what Francois Allaire broke:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad