Ben Lovejoy appreciation thread

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
JackNicholsonLaughing.gif

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't mind him. He's serviceable. It's still mind blowing that they swapped such a superior talent to get him and that isn't with the benefit of hindsight. I think that's the frustration. Some deals kind of blowup in your face in hindsight. Trading the 16th overall for Perron doesn't look so good in hindsight but that's hindsight. Everyone knew the Despres/Lovejoy deal was awful from the moment it was announced... Everyone except management that is and that's the frustration.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If he was our worst d-man and playing #6 minutes, he'd look serviceable like this a lot more often. But every time you see him make a mistake, you just get reminded that there's even worse coming onto the ice to replace him.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I don't mind him. He's serviceable. It's still mind blowing that they swapped such a superior talent to get him and that isn't with the benefit of hindsight.

This is exactly it. If we had brought Lovejoy in for some mid-round pick or a depth AHL player, there's no way he'd be getting the flak he does. He's not a top 4, but he's perfectly fine as a bottom pair defenseman as long as he's kept to the appropriate TOI. He is what he is. </Tomlin>

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The hate for Lovejoy on this site is downright comical. He's a serviceable bottom pair defenseman that can be masked by a good puck mover (Dumoulin and Fowler for example). People put him on a level with Scuderi and Kunitz and it doesn't make a lick of sense. People are still just bitter we traded Despres for him, which was a god awful trade.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
The hate for Lovejoy on this site is downright comical. He's a serviceable bottom pair defenseman that can be masked by a good puck mover (Dumoulin and Fowler for example). People put him on a level with Scuderi and Kunitz and it doesn't make a lick of sense. People are still just bitter we traded Despres for him, which was a god awful trade.

Exactly, he shouldn't get the hate that scuds/kunitz get. Those guys deserve to be healthy scratches. Lovejoy definitely deserves to be in the top 6.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
ha! my first thought was "this guy is brave for posting this."

but seriously the Rev has been pretty good the last two games.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
He's been solid, but people will always remember that trade and, unfortunately, take it out on him. It's not fair at all, but it's the nature of the beast. He's actually played quite well when he hasn't been attached to Scuderi.

Penguinzilla*

He's been playing well. Probably just as good as that meathead Despres ever played. I think people forget (or refuse to believe) that Despres was never really that great for us. He was lost 1/2 the time and confused the other 1/2. But, yeah, long-term it's a really bad trade considering Despres' potential.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
He will be extended, so people be prepared

And I agree with others, he doesn't suck, not his fault we gave up Despres to acquire him back. We traded him for a 5th and that's what we should have traded to get him back but management was a little incompetent last year, can't blame Ben for that!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I came in here expecting to say "dude's been pretty good for 2 games and someone starts an appreciation thread?" Glad to see it's a hoax.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He's been playing well. Probably just as good as that meathead Despres ever played. I think people forget (or refuse to believe) that Despres was never really that great for us. He was lost 1/2 the time and confused the other 1/2. But, yeah, long-term it's a really bad trade considering Despres' potential.

:laugh: Okay dude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad