Rumor: Ben Harpur extended 2 years

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Getting all the big names locked up long term LOL......looked a bit slow on the first Leaf goal....

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
775K hit. This is great cheap insurance. How anyone can complain about this in this COVID flat cap fiasco scenario is beyond me.

Like Vesey, this is an insurance move, indeed. Like having CarShield before your car breaks down, you want an insurance policy in place in case a Lindgren or a Hajek/Jones breaks down.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Can’t keep Jones in the minors forever. Either he gets called up to be 6/7 and Hajek moved, or vice versa.
We have the best small defense man maybe in history when all is said and done with Adam.No room for Jones....Taresanko............ would you pay Jones and a 2nd?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Can’t keep Jones in the minors forever. Either he gets called up to be 6/7 and Hajek moved, or vice versa.

Jones is a 22 year old former 3rd round pick. Why does he need to be in the NHL already? Most players taken around where he was never become full time NHL players. Aliaskei Protas is the only player taken after him in the 2020 draft to have even played 60 games yet. Seem perfectly normal to me that he'd still be there.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Is it a two way deal?

Harpur is fine. Only the idiots complain about him but he is pretty steady. Not the top concern on the current roster

Last edited:
Reactions: Daves a mess

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
2 years 775. I called for this in the GDT, nbd. Good by Drury locking in a capable 6/7. This contract, like Jimmy’s, will help in the off-season
If it's as a 7 or 8 D, I'm all for it. Especially if it's a 2-way deal. Home run.

I don't want this to be an investment as him being our 6D though. He's not good enough to be that.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Nothing wrong with this contract. He is better than Hajek. He is getting paid what he is worth unlike another D on our team.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
The timing is interesting as he just had his worst game..
But the price makes it ok..
Hopefully Robertson beats him out for the 6th spot next year, dropping him to 7
I fully expect jones to be traded

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If it's as a 7 or 8 D, I'm all for it. Especially if it's a 2-way deal. Home run.

I don't want this to be an investment as him being our 6D though. He's not good enough to be that.
Agreed, good deal for a depth #7 guy.
Don't really see why the 2-way thing matters though. His cap hit is the same whenever he's on the roster and his take-home pay is none of my concern

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
He seems to be a good guy in the room. The Rangers really seem to appreciate that. I think that's why he got extended as much as anything.

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Like Vesey, this is an insurance move, indeed. Like having CarShield before your car breaks down, you want an insurance policy in place in case a Lindgren or a Hajek/Jones breaks down.
I it really insurance through? He is bad. “Insuring” your team with a bad player doesn’t really help the team at all lol. And ad long as gallant is around you know he is gonna keep playing this guy as our 6D too. I would have much preferred a veteran upgrade at the deadline over this personally.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I it really insurance through? He is bad. “Insuring” your team with a bad player doesn’t really help the team at all lol. And ad long as gallant is around you know he is gonna keep playing this guy as our 6D too. I would have much preferred a veteran upgrade at the deadline over this personally.
There's nothing stopping them from making a veteran upgrade. I mean, the cap is the thing preventing basically everyone from making moves. Which is why you sign guys like Vesey and Harpur to sub-$1M deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad