Player Discussion Ben Chiarot: Ram Tough (Part 2)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
here's hoping the extra motivation in playing his former team sparks his game in the right way and we can see some kind of contribution to the team's efforts on offense!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
played a very, very solid game tonight... limitations less exposed against this group and he seemed more poised with the puck than he was most of the last series. Hope he can keep building on this level of play!

Reactions: sj315

I miss Peter Popovic

Jun 2, 2021
Not a lot of people talking about the excellent job Chiarot is doing since the beginning of the playoffs, he single-handedly destroyed two 2v1 Jets chances last game. In my opinion Chiarot and Edmundson are our 2 best defensemen so far in this series.

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I think MB loves his D big because he's stull haunted by Price getting injured from opponents getting near the crease

but yeah Chiarot and Edmunson are pretty good defensive D. The only "issue" I see with them is that we might be overp'aying them a little, but that's what happens when you don't have legit first pairing defensemen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not a lot of people talking about the excellent job Chiarot is doing since the beginning of the playoffs, he single-handedly destroyed two 2v1 Jets chances last game. In my opinion Chiarot and Edmundson are our 2 best defensemen so far in this series.

What do you guys think?

He and Eddie have been so good, mb may consider protecting 4 d and 4 forwards for the expansion draft.

But it would hurt to lose Evan's or Danault also.

We'll see...

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He and Eddie have been so good, mb may consider protecting 4 d and 4 forwards for the expansion draft.

But it would hurt to lose Evan's or Danault also.

We'll see...

I think we go 4 and 4 and Resign Danault post expansion

Protect

Kk
Toffoli
Anderson
Gallagher

Weber
Petry
Chiarot
Eddy

There is a good chance they take drouin in this scenario as there won't be a ton of 50 point forwards available available most teams going 7-3

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Protect

Kk
Toffoli
Anderson
Gallagher

Weber
Petry
Chiarot
Eddy

There is a good chance they take drouin in this scenario as there won't be a ton of 50 point forwards available available most teams going 7-3

They aren't going to protect chariot who only has 1 year left on his contract, and they arent going to leave drouin, evans, and lehkonen unprotected.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Protect

Kk
Toffoli
Anderson
Gallagher

Weber
Petry
Chiarot
Eddy

or they take Evans. Or they speak with Danault (they have a window to negotiate with Danault before making their selection) and offer him big money, and take him.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I was trading him before the trade line day, but I'm eating crow right now. He really step-uped.
I like this version a lot

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Chariot and Edmundson have been great in the playoffs!...... Edmundson has been good all year.... we'll lose Chariot in expansion I believe

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He's very inconsistent. I'd jettison him and keep Edmundson. We need a real first pairing guy on the left side. This guy is not it.

He saved our ass last game more than once , been good the last few.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
He's very inconsistent. I'd jettison him and keep Edmundson. We need a real first pairing guy on the left side. This guy is not it.
It would be nice to get a good offensive LD, but I don’t see how we can get one next year

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Protect

Kk
Toffoli
Anderson
Gallagher

Weber
Petry
Chiarot
Eddy

No chance we protect Anderson imo... or do we have to?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
They aren't going to protect chariot who only has 1 year left on his contract, and they arent going to leave drouin, evans, and lehkonen unprotected.
They might leave Drouin. This playoffs have demonstrated just how redundant he is. Which is unacceptable considering his cap hit and other needs that need to be addressed. If there are no takers to trade for Drouin, I can easily see him being exposed in the draft.

Chiarot, I think, is gone either way. We can't give him a raise next year and I think Bergevin now realizes Weber needs a different partner. Chiarot would also command a decent value in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad