Ben Chiarot butt-end on Corey Perry's chin [Mod: Chiarot fined]

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm going to assume you have never actually seen the play in question? cause Perrault is literally making a play on the puck... you can word it how ever creatively you'd like its still a 2 min slashing penalty at best... its unfortunate mp22 broke a finger... probably made it a little worse by his over exaggeration to the media.

mp22 also has a tendency to try to sell calls so I'm not too shocked if no one believed he was actually hurt on the play.

You think answering reporters' questions broke his finger more??

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
That's fair, Id say if there was a call in game... no further punishment was needed. I think it was pretty obvious the refs missed that part of the altercation. Not that I think it was deserving of much more than 1 game.
On ice, it was close to right. I think it should have been five for Chiarot and two for Perry. So a 3 minute Ducks PP instead of two. The real difference is that the Jets should have been down to five D for the rest of the game.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Holy over exaggeration batman.

I'm also fairly certain perry isn't the social media type

Then to call Perry's slash something that happens every game is as much an under-reaction. When a player is not expecting a punch/slash etc, a typical play can have bigger affects. Just like Buff on Perry and just like Perry on Perreault.

Perry is an *** and thus no sympathy when a play like this that deserved a suspension happens. When you are a cheap shot artist, expect people to push back, just like Buff and now Chairot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You honestly don’t think Perry knew what he was doing? He turned the blade over. Perry was never intending to make a play on the puck. He intended to injure someone and he did.
I'm not going to try to assume I know what perry was trying to do, at the same time I doubt his goal was to injure someone, if it was don't you think he would have taken more peoples fingers in his career? And why would Mp22 be his target of choice, there are plenty of other players he likely hates a lot more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
On ice, it was close to right. I think it should have been five for Chiarot and two for Perry. So a 3 minute Ducks PP instead of two. The real difference is that the Jets should have been down to five D for the rest of the game.
With our offensive depth right now you probably could have played with 2 dmen the rest of the game and still won by the same score

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I'm not going to try to assume I know what perry was trying to do, at the same time I doubt his goal was to injure someone, if it was don't you think he would have taken more peoples fingers in his career? And why would Mp22 be his target of choice, there are plenty of other players he likely hates a lot more.

Like I said blinders. But how about we just agree to disagree? No sense in continuing to argue.

With our offensive depth right now you probably could have played with 2 dmen the rest of the game and still won by the same score

I don’t know about that. I’m pretty sure I saw Hellebuyck pull a horseshoe out of his ass after the game with the way the puck never seemed to find its way into the net on those scrambling plays.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
My real disgust in this situation is aimed at Frank Saravelli--a supposed-journalist who's decided to sarcastically campaign at DoPS. I guess he thinks the Ducks are going to be sellers and wants to curry some favour with them. Slimy move.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My real disgust in this situation is aimed at Frank Saravelli--a supposed-journalist who's decided to sarcastically campaign at DoPS. I guess he thinks the Ducks are going to be sellers and wants to curry some favour with them. Slimy move.
Idk what we could even sell... vermette i suppose

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Thats the point. Perry ISN'T playing to get a butt end to the face any more than any other player in the league. He IS playing to draw penalties, whether it be a slash or a glove to the face. The reason why are we even discussing this is because it was beyond the boundaries of what is accepted in the game.

Slashing is accepted in the game??!! They’ve been calling all the stick contact to hands all year. I doubt that it’s “acceptable” to the game. Rules were probably put into place because of Crosby to Metthot and Perry to Perrault.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Pretty disgusting to see people defending and justifying a butt-end. Three things that have absolutely no place in the game and I'd throw 10+ games at each one of them: spearing, slewfooting, butt-ending. There's zero justification for this. You can think Perry is the biggest piece of **** in the hockey world, and that still wouldn't justify it. Those things (perry being a dick, butt ending being inexcusable) should be mutually exclusive.
open your eyes no one is DEFENDING it.. ppl just are glad since it DID happen it happend to a dirty player.. everyone agrees he shld be suspended or fined. reading comprehension helps i guess

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
open your eyes no one is DEFENDING it.. ppl just are glad since it DID happen it happend to a dirty player.. everyone agrees he shld be suspended or fined. reading comprehension helps i guess

Speaking of reading comprehension, maybe you should look up the words "justifying" as well as "irony."

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Speaking of reading comprehension, maybe you should look up the words "justifying" as well as "irony."
ya .. but no. no one is justifying it.. at all. people just give no f***s cause its a dirty player. only "irony" is the scumbag got his own medicine this time. ;)

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Pretty sure the buff sucker punch happened before the laine thing
you call it a sucker punch like he world starred soome old lady lol.. he forcefully shoved the back of his head with his hand.. if it was a punch perry wldnt have been awake, it was buffs way of trolling and stirring pot same as perry does. part of game. butt ends and intentional injuring are not

Reactions: Getz2perry

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
And a cut (20 stitches including stitches under the surface of the skin) on the face isn't the point. The point is butt-ending shouldn't be tolerated. And what if it was a few inches higher---like in Perry's eye?

What if Perry didn't crosscheck a player in the back and then throw a borderline sucker punch-esque gloved haymaker when he's surprised the player took offense to said crosscheck?

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
What if Perry didn't crosscheck a player in the back and then throw a borderline sucker punch-esque gloved haymaker when he's surprised the player took offense to said crosscheck?

That doesn't excuse using the butt-end of a hockey stick. Players get cross-checked and involved in a scrum all the time without using their stick as a weapon.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That doesn't excuse using the butt-end of a hockey stick. Players get cross-checked and involved in a scrum all the time without using their stick as a weapon.

Sure, but it's kind of silly to paint Perry as some helpless victim when the whole thing happened because of a crosscheck and punch he threw.

Reactions: 204hockey

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Sure, but it's kind of silly to paint Perry as some helpless victim when the whole thing happened because of a crosscheck and punch he threw.

I never painted Perry as a helpless victim, so don't put words into my mouth. I said that butt-ending is dangerous and not the appropriate response to crosschecking or face washes.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Fair point

The next time someone gets cross checked they should be allowed to butt end someone in the face and give them 30 stiches

Kadri got cross checked twice I the Florida game in front of the net before he took his penalty, I guess that means he should be allowed to stab the guy in retaliation? or is that unacceptable because people don't like him?

I don't like Perry but the justification of butt ending a player because hes "unlikable" is completely disgusting

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
Fair point

The next time someone gets cross checked they should be allowed to butt end someone in the face and give them 30 stiches

Kadri got cross checked twice I the Florida game in front of the net before he took his penalty, I guess that means he should be allowed to stab the guy in retaliation? or is that unacceptable because people don't like him?

I don't like Perry but the justification of butt ending a player because hes "unlikable" is completely disgusting

Wasn't intentional, big diff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad